Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectRE: problem strikes back
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=97790&mesg_id=98415
98415, RE: problem strikes back
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Ok then lets go with this plan.

At the ECU, cut the white/red wire about 6inches from the ECU plug. Test again for a ground when the key is turned on. You are testing the wire that goes to the ECU.

Test for ground: Pos lead of meter on battery pos post and neg lead of meter on white/red wire.

***IF that tests good, the ECU is fine. The wire must be shorted to a 12v positive wire. IF you still dont get a ground on that wire then the ecu is shorted internally....proceed.....

Next take the pos lead of the meter and place it on the white/red wire going to the Relay and place the black lead of the meter on the battery. With the relay removed, you should NOT see voltage. If you see voltage then just stop and post/call me.

If no voltage then proceed....

Temp Fix that is safe: Take the white/red wire that goes to the relay and splice in some wire and run it into the console someplace to a switch. take the other lead of the switch and ground it. When you turn the switch on the pump will run continuous. This is safe as long as your connections are good and taped up.

***Now go back, if the ECU tested fine above for a ground signal, then run a wire from the ECU to the relay and cut the white/red in between the two (it could be shorted).

I should be free tonight give me a ring.

Terry
I generated this page in 0.0076820850372314 seconds, executing 6 queries.