Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectRE: about the accessory pulley...
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=96377&mesg_id=96559
96559, RE: about the accessory pulley...
Posted by 2point4, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
off the subject but... i've always heard that it was a bad idea to beat the udp on with a hammer due to possibly causing damage to the thrust bearing. i've always grabbed a longer crank bolt from the local hardware store (12mm x 1.75 thread if i remember correctly) and torqued it on (after an oven session like stated above) or if you must use a hammer, i'd place a prybar between the crankshaft and the passenger side of number two piston and pry to passenger side to prevent the above stated damage. no??
back on topic... following the directions supplied by partsdino, at step 14 "rotate the installation shaft with 1/4 inch square key until the spring tang (see fig 3) alings with the arm nomial position notch, see fig 6.
my notch is about 3/8 away from the spring tang alignment and it will not go any further. i've loosened the retainment nut and tried all sorts of rotations but still nothing further. anybody else have this problem?? wtf??
I generated this page in 0.0091938972473145 seconds, executing 6 queries.