Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectRE: Bad Idle, --video (8mb)--
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=96204&mesg_id=96218
96218, RE: Bad Idle, --video (8mb)--
Posted by eclpsmoneypit95, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by .bs0d
i knew I'd forget something in the list... the ERG TUBE is not clogged. What else ERG related could cause it? the solenoid deal up front that has vac lines attached to it? have not done a compression test (dont have the tools).

Compression testers only cost $20-30. You've thrown this much money at it already, what's another couple of bucks?

Is it cold out? At temperatures below zero, the warmup afr can be as low as 4:1 because most of the fuel doesnt atomize and is just passed through the system and out the exhaust. When the engine is warmed up, most or all of the fuel atomizes and the computer adjusts the afr towards stoich. It could be that upon starting/running the car after sitting for a while and its running pig rich to warm up quicker, the IAC isnt opening to allow extra airflow so it doesnt flood out. Just a thought.

Oh yeah, and my roommate wanted me to tell you the reason you're having problems is because your flux capacitor is bad...yeah
I generated this page in 0.008080005645752 seconds, executing 6 queries.