Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectno spark HELP PLEASE
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=94079&mesg_id=94161
94161, no spark HELP PLEASE
Posted by cream420, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
the car has been spontaniously dying. first time just takin a left turn then i was able to start it right back up.happened again that night. next day drove it and it died on me a bunch. then i learned that if i armed the car and disarmed it it would start right back up, but if i didnt i could spin the motor over forever without starting. the third day the alarm arm disarm thing didnt respond as well got stuck out in garland for 45 minutes after getting some 110 octane. jacked car up and checked crank sensor-disconnected and reconneced- i didnt have tools with me to take it out but looks brand new like the day i put it in not but 2 months ago. checked the cam sensor looks fine- msd box i bypassed and still same issue- i can watch the led on the top of the msd when connected and see if its getting/sending signal, no blinky blinky, just a half ass blink at the very begining of a crank and doesnt happen every time. errr. what could the problem be? i was thinking possibly the alarm system but learned that it has ignition kill on the csm-2(code alarm's remote start module)- so i pulled the module- still didnt start.the brain has starter kill but no ignition kill if im not mistaken (code alarm pro 5500). anyway i have no spark- i remember a while ago i had to get my computer replaced for the very same thing- could spin the motor over but no spark. that time it started for me once after but took some coaxing, then never started again. my issue now is goin on over a week PLEASE HELP-i also purchased a new alarm and will rip the old one out soon to do some diagnostics with the alarm removed---- i also disconnected both brains to the computer and still nogo-- so i dont think its the alarm.

please help--- what could be goin on--- is it the pcm?
thanks for the help with the detonation issue but i need the car to stay running right? heheheh
thanks
Kareem
I generated this page in 0.0072250366210938 seconds, executing 6 queries.