Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectRE: high compression n/a buildup
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=94079&mesg_id=94136
94136, RE: high compression n/a buildup
Posted by cream420, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
would that still apply with a fuel return system.-- inlet is on the side away from cam gears, return line closest to cam gears?

as a side note- i just finished pealin the block and bedplate apart and found no o-ring - so with the working space of less than a 1/4 inch and armed with a mirror and a drop light and a piece of a ziptie i try my best to align the o-ring up with the recess in the block. the bed plate has no recess for the o-ring. did my best to clean up the mating area and squeezed some of that nasty red anaerobic sealant in the cracks- squeezed the block and plate back together and reassembled everything. funny thing is i had the cops called on me for a noise complaint-- guess my neighbors didnt like me using a hammer at 1:00am- anyway- filled the car back up with oil and turned the motor over a few times with the msd disconnected to build up some oil pressure- then plugged the msd back up and fired it over-- sad to say that there is still a little dribble commin out. i went under and tightened one of the bed bolts and left it at that-
i hope this procedure has at least reduced the amount of oil it leaks- hopefully all of it - maybe that sealant has to cure longer we'll see this weekend-- ill install the egt and oil pressure gauges this weekend hopefully and get my car on the dyno soon to get my car tweeked the right way.
I generated this page in 0.01262092590332 seconds, executing 6 queries.