Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectRE: high compression n/a buildup
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=94079&mesg_id=94110
94110, RE: high compression n/a buildup
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Blizare
Brian has some competion in teh house IMO. with deep pockets by the looks of it!! lol

Spilner still has some tricks up his sleeves fellas. Don't you worry. I'm still sticking with my goal. 200hp and 14.999ET. If I can't make it, then that leaves the cream to rise to the top imo. :P

As for the sealant, you need to get the anaerobic to seal right without messing up your bearing tolerances or having leaks. If you don't know if you intalled the big O-ring, you need to make sure. Chances are that, if it's leaking there, you forgot it. So you can get the anaerobic stuff at Napa next to the rest of the threadlockers. It's like maybe $15 for a tube with enough to do the bedplate twice as far as I'm concerned. You *might* be able to drop the bedplate from under the car, but we'ver always just pulled the engine to be safe. It's much easier than lying under the car having to bench the bedplate up onto a precision surface without smearing the sealant all over the place and then having to hold it in place while you bolt it up.

Other than that, what are your goals for this car man? As another high-comp all motor guy, I'm curious. I'm only running 10.5:1, but I'm looking to drop in some Crower 3 cams later this summer and get totally nuts NA for a spell.

Lata
I generated this page in 0.007753849029541 seconds, executing 6 queries.