Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectRE: Details on the putting engine back together
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=90283&mesg_id=90335
90335, RE: Details on the putting engine back together
Posted by HadesOmega, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
well installing a turbo and rebuilding an engine are two totally different things. Turbo is just bolt on stuff an engine is very tricky as I have learned. You gotta measure clearances and crap and should take it to a machine shop haha unlike me. I figured I could just take the old pistons out and put new ones in and now I got a 420A that eats up a quart of oil every 150 miles. Anyway you should at least have the machine shop do the measuring and machine work.

As for total seal rings I would chuck em and (or sell) get some conventional rings I hear hastings are good. That's the problem I'm running in to right now they hold compression great but they're burning oil like a mofo I hear more negative stuff about total seal rings than good stuff. Plus you have to disable your PCV system or you get these goofy idle and check engine lights. Not worth it in my opinion. So if your really worried about the shop installing them wrong or what not I wouldn't have them installed at all.
I generated this page in 0.0082149505615234 seconds, executing 6 queries.