Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectRE: Details on the putting engine back together
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=90283&mesg_id=90331
90331, RE: Details on the putting engine back together
Posted by gilee_8, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well, I did my entire turbo kit myself (custom intake piping, custom fitting, rotate turbo, custom exhaust and downpipe, etc etc...) all welded,measured,fit, and install by myself.

I love mechanical stuff. I pulled the entire engine 4 times.
changed timing belt 2 times. changed headgasket one time.
I just never assemble the Engine block internal parts. coz they are VERY precious. and I am worried.

I greatly appreciated what you said Dumking_Fumbass.
Now, from you all point of view, you all think I can do this myself?

I WANT it done and GOOD the first time. so I don't expect to fxxk it up since I am doing it myself and redo it the 2nd time just for fun.
I have great pressure, but do you guys think I can handle it?

Also XtremeRS... what you think? you said you all know my skill level, think I can do it?

Or can I install the rings myself, and install the piston and rods myself, but I get the rest done by them?

Edit: one last question. if I do plan to do the above myself (install ring, piston and rods myself) What steps do I do to get my engine balanced? after everything is assembled?
Or straight from the beginning before anything is assemble, I gave them my rods, piston, block, crank, etc to balance first? or balancing an engine MUST have rings installed and so on?

Thanks all.
Gil
I generated this page in 0.010973930358887 seconds, executing 6 queries.