Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectRE: NOT the ECU.....F*&K, S%#T....okay im at a complete loss, now what?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=87952&mesg_id=88028
88028, RE: NOT the ECU.....F*&K, S%#T....okay im at a complete loss, now what?
Posted by 97xtc, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
You will be looking for ground signals from the cam and crank sensors. There are three wires on the cam and crank sensors, A yellow a green/black and a (blue/red on the cam)(blue/white on the crank). The blue/red wire from the cam sensor runs to pin 33 on my 97 ecm, and the blue/white from the crank sensor runs to a relay box then to pin 32 on the ecm. Hook a testlight to power and backprobe the harness connector on the wire with w/o power. Have someone turn the engine over and the testlight will flash when the sensor reads. Do that to the cam and crank sensors. The ecm sends that ground signal to the coil and breaks the field giving it spark. The black/red wire should be power at the coil, the brown should control one side of the coil and the black/blue should control the other side. I have a 97 so im not sure if the wire colors are the same, but the brown wire runs to pin 3 of the ecm and the black/blue runs to pin 2 on the ecm. Oh by the way the yellow and the green/black wires from the cam/crank wires both go through the vehicle speed sensor mounted on the manual tranny. So it is likely that crapped out. Good luck man, there is not a whole lot it could be, it's just gonna take time.
I generated this page in 0.01147985458374 seconds, executing 6 queries.