Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectRE: I know YOU know the answer to this
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=59460&mesg_id=60218
60218, RE: I know YOU know the answer to this
Posted by tim97rs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
>>>yea, this would work if i wanted to take off my cam gears...but i dont, i wanted to just adjust them to compensate for the timming.... if you have already done this could you just measure what the difference in the stock aem mark to the new mark...thanks<<<

Well the only problem with that is that it is totaly dependat on if you had your car timed correctly in the first place when you put them on and if your AEMS were set to the zero mark to begin with. IF you put them on with everyhting lined up correctly to set your timing and didnt just throw them on, AND you were correctly timed BEFORE you played with them, then, yes you an just set them to zero and start over.

However it sounds like you may not be correctly timed to begin with. Even being off a 1/2 tooth to a full tooth will feel normal for the most part, but you will still run a bit shitty at certan times.

With mine CORRECTLY timed and having marked the AEMS against the stock gears OFF the car, my correct re-mark placement is 90 degrees to the left on the exhaust gear from the timing degree marks on the AEMs. Make sence?
12:00
timing marks
||||||||||

45 degrees to left
-- <<< correct placement of remark

bottom or gear
6:00

BUT i hate to break it to ya, the only way you can know FOR SURE that your timed correctly is to do it over again and mark the gears OFF your car. Even trying to get it back to stock timing is going to be difficult to impossible since you may not have even right to begin with.
sorry brother!
I generated this page in 0.023428916931152 seconds, executing 6 queries.