Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectRE: Question about porting intake manfold?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=51893&mesg_id=51988
51988, RE: Question about porting intake manfold?
Posted by 510eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
>Everyone says gasket match this, and gasket match that.
>Gasket companies dont know anything about flow. What they do
>know is to make that gasket big enough that it wont restrict
>flow and make the gasket good for sealing.
>
>Port only accordingly to how your head is ported.

well no you see, obviously youve never gasket matched considering your firmly against it, but honestly there is nothing dramatic about it. it has absolutely nothing to do with using the the gasket as a diagram for perfect flow size/shape. it's simply an easy way of assuring an identical mating surface between the two parts separated by that gasket. which WILL improve flow in these cases.

perhaps you already know the process but just for example what you would do is: take the gasket, line it up perfectly with the bolt holes, trace the gasket holes onto your intake manifold, then take the same gasket, line it up on the throttle body perfectly with the bolt holes like you just did, and trace the hole on there. then, you port it to match the tracing, and be very critical about tightening up everything with the gasket in there the way you need it. boom, now your throttle body and intake manifold have a perfect fit with no restrictions. like i said thats just an example, infact now that i think about it, our stock intake mani's and tb's might match up perfect to begin with. but this definately serves a purpose in at least some applications.
I generated this page in 0.011559963226318 seconds, executing 6 queries.