Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectRE: homemade NOS/cryo-like boost using compressed air
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=51783&mesg_id=51916
51916, RE: homemade NOS/cryo-like boost using compressed air
Posted by 510eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
alright well back onto the boost side of things. if someone was to: run a line from a compressor tank in the car to a regulated valve with open closed switch, and then from the valve run the line through the firewall and tap it into the intake manifold. and then use a boost sensitive fpr aka vortech sfmu for tuning fuel for boost. at full throttle, open the valve and have a constant psi released into the throttle body (until the tank runs out of course, until refilled by the compressor) simulating boost. could this work, but i imagine not just simply because the line running to the intake mani would most likely be a small line, nothing like charge pipes in a turbo system. but if this could work at all, how much psi as far as on the gauge of the compressor tank would you possibly need to be pushing through that small line to make 1 2 3 4 etc psi of boost at the intake mani?

thanks for anybody's more knowledgeable input. if nobody has a clue on any of this i am going to hook up a boost gauge with this setup and keep upping the psi from the compressor tank until i can see any boost on the boost gauge. tia
I generated this page in 0.011936187744141 seconds, executing 6 queries.