Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectRE: did plugs, wires, coilpack, fpr whats next?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=47843&mesg_id=49324
49324, RE: did plugs, wires, coilpack, fpr whats next?
Posted by 420AYE, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
OMG. i have most of these problems too. this is stupid. my car used to hesitate a month or so ago. i changed the plugs. boom. hesitation gone. my idle has always sucked, and i assumed it was because my speed sensor don't work. becaus of my sensor not working, sometimes my car dies when i come to an intersection. and yeah, i have to rev my car up a little to get moving. some days its better than other days. some days my car just feels like blowing up. one day i was going to school and i was in 5th. i leet off the gas but it just kept going. i pushed the brake and i it slowed then resumed speed. my cruise control isn't hooked up so that couldn't be it. so i pushed in the clutch and it slowly reved up higher and higher then i just cut the engine and coasted into a driveway. then it wouldn't start because of some battery conneciton problem that is unrelated. sounds like:

a)egr valve is open while accelerating causing hesitation. my car drives fine once in cruising rpms

b)something with the ignition is causing the plugs/wires to go bad really fast.

c)map/iac sensor/motor problems...

I'm going to try unpluggin my ecu and map sensor... see what happens.. we need to figure this out and document it because its a really annoying problem that almost every eclipse(420a) user has probably encountered or will encounter.
late
I generated this page in 0.011460065841675 seconds, executing 6 queries.