Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectRE: 3.0l aluminum 420a?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=48543&mesg_id=48850
48850, RE: 3.0l aluminum 420a?
Posted by WheatKing, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
umm...

That $2400 would get you an engine..

But.. what about hte oil pump.. or the cooling pump.. custom timing belt, accessory brackets, crank pulley.. etc etc etc..

$5G's might get you a running engine.. this is a race block not something that's gonna be a daily driver type ordeal..

People are having a hard time swapping a 2.4L in.. which really isn't that bad..

Now your talking a raceblock, dry sump oiling system.. possibly electric driven water pump.... things a lot of people here would have a tough time with.. i don't doubt that some of you could possibly do it.. but 95% of the rest of the people don't have the means nor the bankroll..

I'm in that 95% part.. Sure given enough time i'd probably be able to make it work.. but it's cost prohibitive and really.. you can bore stroke a 2.4L to 2.7.. so why bother.. .3L isn't gonna make that much of a difference in the grand scheme of things.

1500hp is about the max you'd see out of that motor.. running methanol.. and a big turbo and a huge nos boost.

I think peoples money is better spent on the 2.2L stroker or a 2.4L swap..

-- WheatKing
I generated this page in 0.0079631805419922 seconds, executing 6 queries.