Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectRE: did plugs, wires, coilpack, fpr whats next?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=47843&mesg_id=48278
48278, RE: did plugs, wires, coilpack, fpr whats next?
Posted by iamnotwhoiam, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
add me to the list of car issues of the similar type..

the map sensor or a loose wire on the map sensor is probbaly causing the problem dealing with not being able to go above a certain rpm.. close to 2500-3000

now.. i did have a problem one day where this happened and i thought i had killed the engine.. im stock'ish.. so i was a bit hesitant to believe this, but had no otehr idea.... we unplugged the map sensor harness and plugged it back in and car worked and idled properly again.. this was a few months ago.

my current problem is dealing with lack of power or slight hessitaion between 2-3k rpm at 2nd - 5th gear.. it is fine if i dont accelerate hard in this range, but if i do.. it will hessitate some and have not much power..

i suspect it could be a bad gas thing, or maybe an ignition problem.. im still not sure what to do.. but thats why we have this forum to help us discuss and fix problems..

best of luck to us all as we all seem to have a similar problem but with some differences at times..
I generated this page in 0.0087428092956543 seconds, executing 6 queries.