Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectRE: Hahn Racecraft FMIC /w Stage 2 turbosystem - running warm after rebuild
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=134580&mesg_id=134594
134594, RE: Hahn Racecraft FMIC /w Stage 2 turbosystem - running warm after rebuild
Posted by Eclipsedrivr2002, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by CODE4
Sit in traffic for over an hour? In Westwego? Does this overheating only occur after freeway driving? Are the fans on when this situation happens (have you physically verified it)? As far as mounting pusher fans, any fan that physically fits will work.

Well Westwego is a suburb of New Orleans, so once I get off the interstate and have to fight with traffic to get where I am going I then notice a problem with the heat.

At an idle, the motor does not overheat at all, or for short distances of driving. Whenever I get into heavy heavy stop and go traffic ( Driving a mile ever hour or hour and a half) or rushhour traffic where I have to drive for a long period of time, then get into heavy traffic, I then notice a problem. I have checked that when the vehicle is beginning to run hot, or when the needle begins to rise, I usually hop out and verify that the fans are in fact working, which they are.

I guess I will try to install some pusher fans in front of the condenser and see if that helps alleviate my problem - I might even try doing some mild duct work to help channel the air around and under the intercooler and to the the radiator better, thanks for the input.
I generated this page in 0.01253604888916 seconds, executing 6 queries.