Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectdynoed car, 152hp/119 lbs*ft torque, nice curves
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=134380&mesg_id=134380
134380, dynoed car, 152hp/119 lbs*ft torque, nice curves
Posted by VX100, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Sorry for the size of the file (in deminsions, not file size it's only 330k)

This past Saturday I went to Dynotech tuning to get my car dynoed. My friend and fellow DSMer opened the shop a few months ago and (shameless plug ahead) does mods and tuning of turbo DSMs, EVOs, and other cars.

Allright on to the runs, I did 3 runs. The dyno used was an AWD Mustang dyno, set up for 2WD of course. The runs were corrected to SAE standard conditions for temperature, pressure, and humidity. I think it was 2-3HP lower with the "raw" numbers as it was a little warm that day, but not some large amount off due to the correction factors. There was about a 15 minute wait in between runs, and the car started off well warmed up to begin with.

The first was on the stock ECU. I got 148hp and 116 lb*ft of torque. The curve on the top end (6200+ rpms) was a little rough compared to the next runs.

The second run I swapped in an AFX ECU. I know it is supposed to give more power if it runs for a while instead of "reset" like it was so the numbers may be a little low for the ECU, but this was the best I could do with the car strapped down and limited time. This second run the HP was 151, torque 118 lb*ft, and the HP curve at 6200 and above looked a little smoother. With the AFX ECU the curves were a little higher (2-4hp, 2 lb*ft) everywhere in the RPM range, not just at peak or only in a narrow range.

The image for the 3rd and best run was below. I gave another run on the AFX (assuming it might do a little better) and the numbers increased slightly to 152hp and 119 (rounded off) lb*ft of torque. If the ECU is allowed to run the car for a longer period of time I am guessing another HP or two should be possible.

The torque curve is pretty flat and doesn't start to drop off until 6500rpms, and even then not drastically. The HP curve climbs until just about 7000rpms and then doesn't drop off all that much. Overall a rather encouraging curve, peaks much higher than stock. It's good to see the ECU doing something. Also, I think this proves a higher red line would allow me to see more gains. I don't know exactly what this means for crank HP as it is a different dyno then most people use and gives different numbers.

The mods on the car (for power) are as follows:

Cold air intake, 60mm throttle body, extrude honed intake manifold, mild-moderate headwork, 3 angle valve job (supposed to be a very good 3 angle job) with stainless steel valves (stock size), crower valve springs, titanium retainers, crower stage 2 cams, 4 to 1 stainless steel header (rather short runners on it), 2.5 inch high flow cat, muffler from a GS-T eclipse, AFX underdrive pulley, and depending on the run above an AFX ECU.

I generated this page in 0.0085709095001221 seconds, executing 6 queries.