Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectRough idle/limp mode?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=134377&mesg_id=134377
134377, Rough idle/limp mode?
Posted by Paranoid4Life, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
So i have no clue what going on, im late posting it on here,so before i copy/paste my story, ill say Ive just changed the coil pack and the crank position sensor today. The car goes into what i believe is limp mode out of no where. I have a cel but its for the o2 sensor that I havent put back in when I changed my exhaust. Before it used to do it for a second and it seemed like just a rough idle for a few seconds then it would go away. Now i just started the car, tried to drive off and then it goes into a "limp mode" the engine starts sputtering, and seeming/sounding like its going to stall, and i press on the gas and its starts lunging forward and at some point all throttle response is gone and I can have the pedal to the floor and nothing happens. Need to figure this out ASAP. Im lucky I have off work tomorrow so I have at least a day to figure this out.

Also I just changed the exhaust on it, I put a new cat(res), and catback on it, but i couldnt get the old o2 sensor out so at the moment the downstream o2 sensor is not in. Im going to be getting a new one to put in but I thought Id give that info too just incase that could possibly be the problem.
I generated this page in 0.010159969329834 seconds, executing 6 queries.