Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectRE: Dyno Numbers
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=130968&mesg_id=131132
131132, RE: Dyno Numbers
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Interesting graphs. Too bad they're not on the same scale. If you could pull some shared data point out of both of them and then plot them in an Excel graph, you could get a little better idea how things compare on the same scale. A bit tricky to do that, though.

I see how variations in intake diameter plays a role in the torque curves. One car has the 60mm TB and AEM V2, while the other has 55-57mm TB and SRI. The V2 is supposed to apply Hemholtz resonance, but I don't know that I see that. Maybe it's shifted the torque ramp up towards the left on the plot, but without a normal CAI on there to compare, who knows. :P

The TB and larger intake diameter certainly make for more throttle response and a couple more ponies top end, but on a car that's mostly driven on the street, I think I'd rather keep the lb-ft down low.

Maybe find a stock exhaust header and downpipe, ship THOSE to AMM and have him build you a real LTH. Nobody's done that yet. (Had AMM build one.) I have the factory cat-back up in my garage rafters, but no header/downpipe. AMM and I have talked about this many times over the years, but never moved on it.

I think the plots above demonstrate intake charge velocity variations and how they affect the torque curve. Mark can correct me if I'm wrong, but torque is your 60ft time, while HP is your MPH. Torque is acceleration power.

I generated this page in 0.011260032653809 seconds, executing 6 queries.