Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectSmoke from timing belt area...
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=127238&mesg_id=127238
127238, Smoke from timing belt area...
Posted by Babbz413, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
95 420a gs

so 1000 miles ago my neighbor and i rebuilt my 420a, new timing belt, serpentine belt, new internals, head work, headgasket, all the goodies.

well as im leaving my house about 30 mins ago, i notice smoke coming from under the hood, passenger side. i pull my car in my garage to find smoke is just pouring out from the timing belt area.

my timing belt cover seems loose as in i can wiggle it back and forth (toward the engine and away from the engine) and when doing this, i can actually feel it rubbing against the timing belt. so to me that seems like a possibility of it rubbing against the cover somewhere, causing smoke?

so after that i attempt to get to the corner store, but that turns into a quick turnaround when i notice my battery light is on and i dont feel like being stranded. i get home, pull into my driveway, and turn it off. after a short wait, i turn the car back on for about 5 minutes and discover, no battery light on now. that leads me to think that its the alternator, smoking? do they smoke when theyre worn out?

the smell seems to be plastic. the car is not overheating either.

anyways tommorrow morning im gonna get under there and check it out better. its too dark now and im too lazy right now. i basically posted this so i could get some ideas of what too look for with the help of you guys. thanks.
I generated this page in 0.012248992919922 seconds, executing 6 queries.