Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subject$600 eclipse with engine problem
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=127202&mesg_id=127202
127202, $600 eclipse with engine problem
Posted by dadnkid, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hello all. I’m back with my favorite car. I use to have an 98 GS back in 2002 for 6 months. Found out I was having a kid and had to trade it in. and I have been wanting one ever since. I went thru my share of cars since then (2 accords, prelude, RSX type S). Now I have a Nissan Titan and a Suzuki SV650S.

I was looking for a GST hardtop or a Spyer GS. But I came across a 97 RS with 131,xxx miles. Looks like it has many options that come on the GS (power everything, sun roof, spoiler). Just no side skirts, which is a must (to me). Paint is in really condition, its black so it just needs a good buff job, needs fog lights, no dents, body is straight. Interior needs a good cleaning, no rips, door handles need to be replaced but that is common on eclipses (already have some), passenger window needs new motor (maybe, have look at it yet). That’s all the small stuff. The major thing is the car doesn’t run. He says he was driving to work, and engine die on him. He talked to people and they told him the cylinder head was warped (by just looking at it) and the power steer is out. He had just replaced the timing belt and water pump. I don’t know how soon after the engine problem happen. I came across someone on craigs list that is parting out there eclipse and is willing to sell me there cylinder head for 75 buck. Said engine had no problem. I just don’t want to get that and its not the problem. But the good news is that I have an Eclipse again that needs some work but only for $600.00. I pick it up on Friday so I will have him walk me thru it step by step on what happen (if it came to a screeching stop with gear still engage. Or a rolling stop. Did you lose all power in car like dash lights). Pretty much anything so I can know what I need to do to her. I want to get her up and running then start buying parts and putting them on the shelf so I can ripe the engine out and rebuilt. I planned on rebuilding the motor anyway so I think it is a win win for me. I am going turbo, low psi. No more than 5-7. Looking to get about 200-220 horses out of her. I have a sport bike for crazy speed. I just need her to be able to pass up some one on the highway with no problem.. ill post pics when i learn how to on here
I generated this page in 0.010859966278076 seconds, executing 6 queries.