Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectRE: Just got back from dyno......
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=127041&mesg_id=127149
127149, RE: Just got back from dyno......
Posted by bullettdsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
Congrats mark, that 3 bar sensor is faulty.....not tolerances. you should be reading to 29psi.

Thanks Terry. Gonna look into 4 bar anyway now.

OK, looks like I can't persuade Zero to run at the SO, so on to the numbers.

Lol, like I said no big secret. Pretty much where I think I should be with the limitations that came up;

This is on a Dyno Dynamics dyno :P

Now a little overall; already mentioned the 3 bar and the duty cycle (92%) on the 850's (found out that FIC does not make an 880. Oops).

I'm running 47psi for fuel, So, though I could bring it up, I'm thinking injectors would be a better upgrade.

We were blowing out spark all day long. Went down to .018 and still had break up. You could literally see it in the AFR's. You would see the blip in the curve for one cylinder blow out. BUT, I MAY have found the culprit. I was playing around with it today and, low and behold, an alternator belt came flying off! This dovetails nicely with the fact that I battery tended the battery before the dyno runs, and my tender never registered a full charge. That was unusual. I wonder if my alternator was not charging and that caused the break up.....

Also, for the W/A, I have a new front mount and water pump coming so that will help those 150+ IAT's (colder air = higher density = more power).

So for 24lbs, on this set-up, on this dyno, I'm satisfied.

Oh, one more thing. The idea of using a W/A system for a daily driver is no longer on my list of good ideas ;-) (but at least I tried it out).

I generated this page in 0.01199197769165 seconds, executing 6 queries.