Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectRE: 2.4 cam magnet question
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=127033&mesg_id=127067
127067, RE: 2.4 cam magnet question
Posted by rsdsm95, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by CODE4
Originally posted by rsdsm95 this was the screw i was talking about thanks for the links. I understood the concept but im from TN i like pictures haha.
Hey man, I do not want to be an ass but are you planning on running that setup in an Eclipse? Because that is a 2.4 head and unless you have some interesting setup for the intake and exhaust it is not going to work. As for the bolt that secures the cam magnet, you should be concerned more about why it is seizing up in a new set of Crowers before yanking on it. Regardless, install one of the cam gear bolts & use that end to hold the cam from rotating. The cam magnet bolt should not have much more than 20 lbs/ft on it. EDIT: I just realized you took that picture from a Neon post so disregard the comment about the head.

I grabbed that picture off on of the links you posted just to show what bolt i meant. The Bolts in one of my 2.0 cams . Gonna try to get the bolt out tonight.
I generated this page in 0.0093038082122803 seconds, executing 6 queries.