Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectRE: Homemade Grounding Kit Images
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=124791&mesg_id=124863
124863, RE: Homemade Grounding Kit Images
Posted by Nisshoku81, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by dalesmitsu
Originally posted by djtrickee
Originally posted by Nisshoku81
Originally posted by djtrickee
Originally posted by Nisshoku81 I repeat, all of your ground points need to meet the negative terminal of the battery in some way.
They do. It's called chassis ground. All modern cars come that way.
Your eclipse is very nice. Keep up the good work!
Thanks. Right now it keeps the garage floor from floating away. Contact DR1665 Driggsy as he made a really comprehensive grounding kit and instructions a couple years back. He has good pics and good stats on it.
Hey, Nissh could you tell me what parts to buy I would like to replace mine. I now have room in my garage to do it.. I have a copy of Driggs grounding diagram its very simple, it's also in the wiki pics.. I can post it but would take a few mins How would I replace my positve cable, I do have the factory alarm and I think its on the positive side.

Go to electrical area in Home Depot and ask one of the associates to cut you (# of feet) 4guage stranded wire. Also in that section, you will find the 4guage wire crimp ons as well. I grabbed a lot of those just to be on the save side and I always like to have spares. As far as the positive cable, I have yet to do this myself. Once I have some extra time to run the ground cable from the alternator, I will also run the positive cable. Unfortunately I cannot tell you how to do that part because this will be my first time also. Good luck. Before I forget, make sure you clean the ground points very will before you attach the wire.
I generated this page in 0.0094280242919922 seconds, executing 6 queries.