Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectRE: What type of oil do you use/recommend?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=121611&mesg_id=121620
121620, RE: What type of oil do you use/recommend?
Posted by wakebord99, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I would like to disagree with that. Synthetic oil acts totally different in almost every way. If you are going for easy
driving they say u can go 5-7,000 miles on synthetic vs. the 3,000 for regular oil. It also doesn't break down as fast at higher
temps. There was a posting on this a while back, and a really well written article that discussed all this. After reading
that article i started using synthetic on my rebuild. Anyone know what article I’m talking about, and where it is?

97' Eclipse RS (kinda)

Present mods:
HRC stage III turbo kit (12 psi street, 25 psi track) / HKS 2 1/2" cat back exhaust w/burnt cat / 16" wheels w/Yokohomo tires (215/40) / 420A engine w/ tooled crank, billet crower rods, and 8.5:1 JE pistons / Head ported and polished, 3 angled valve job
Power-stop brakes w/axis pads / Ebachi Pro lowering kit (1.8") / MSD DIS-2 ignition system w/turbo retard

Near Future:
Stand-alone fuel system / 550cc injectors, and fuel rail / TEC III fuel/ecu system / 17” Hart racing wheels / KYB AGX struts, w/ upgraded anti sway bars / Rear brake conversion (front to rear, Brembo in front)

Jay-
wakbrd99@aol.com
I generated this page in 0.008540153503418 seconds, executing 6 queries.