Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectRE: Ticking noise
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=116923&mesg_id=116940
116940, RE: Ticking noise
Posted by KnightHawk434th, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by KnightHawk434th
Hmm...took the belt off and still there? I'm going to revert back to a suspension/frame/wheel-related issue. What might be causing it is beyond me. But for kicks, check to see if all your lug nuts are tightened, if one is loose I suppose it could tick, but usually it's more like a clunking noise. Wheel bearings, hub assembly, a-arm (although that would more less cause a pull the the damaged side)? I'm at a loss as well, anyone else have any ideas?

but I did......lol. Guess I don't count :( :P

Even though it sounds like it is coming from the under the hood, is it possible that is just seems like it is under the hood? I mean he is going to be sitting inside the car, so most noises would sound like they might be originating from under the hood. Without hearing a sound clip it's kinda hard to pinpoint where/what it might be from. Acid, could you maybe get a buddy to go along with you and get a video/sound recording when you are driving?

Also, if it was an exhaust leak then why would it only be audible when turning right? Wouldn't it be audible in just normal driving? I know my leak (flexpipe) is. I don't know, just wondering.

I generated this page in 0.0078818798065186 seconds, executing 6 queries.