Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectRE: individual TBs
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=113913&mesg_id=113951
113951, RE: individual TBs
Posted by WheatKing, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
>Yeah looking at my calcs I think something like a 46-50mm
>will do. I dont think anything bigger would be beneficial to
>RPM's over what the AFX ECU can do, which is my plan. Still
>have to figure out overlap air flow and such depending on
>which runner assembly I decide to go with.

I'm working on this exact thing for a certain un-named individual. (not for myself)

There isn't a whole lot of room to go to a dual throttle body setup if you utilize the lower intake manifold.

The optimal is 4 throttle bodies.. 1 TB will work just about as good as 2 tb's.. but getting 1-4 and 2-3 on equal length runners will be no easy task..

When i'm done with the intake manifold.. we'll see how it performs on the dyno..

I've always from the beginning said that the intake manifold is the biggest reason these cars aren't faster.. they are tuned WAY WAY low (aka.. at about 10mph.. put the car in 5th and it will lug itself to just about anywhere)

ever wonder why the neon is rated 150hp?.. or why they can hit low 14's with the same simple bolt-ons.. it's all the intake manifold getting in the way.. it's tuned totally wrong for what everyone here uses our car for.. which is driving the snot out of..

-- WheatKing
I generated this page in 0.0070888996124268 seconds, executing 6 queries.