Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectRE: Collective 2.4L Swap Information
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=112724&mesg_id=112726
112726, RE: Collective 2.4L Swap Information
Posted by GSGoinFast, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by DarkOne
Turby and I did it pretty differently. I used a modified PT bracket and a 2.0L PS pump, i think he uses some Stratus parts and a 2.0L bracket & pump. Because I used a PT bracket, there's no pivot to the pump, meaning I had to buy an SRT4 AC compressor bracket because that's where the tensioner bolts, and then use an SRT4 accessory belt tensioner (slightly modified). The type of oil pump you go with dictates the pan you need. I used an SRT4 oil pump (thicker rotors, more capacity) which necessitated using an SRT4 oilpan. A Stratus pump can use any of the stamped steel or cast aluminum pans with no oil passages, but you'll have trouble getting the motor in with the passsenger axle in place. other than that, looks about right. If you use a MS for fuel and spark, you can leave the cam magnet and injector order alone.

Excellent, thank you for your input. Does the SRT4 oil pan need modifcation to fit? I heard the 2001 Dodge Stratus Oil pan fit perfectly? I basically want a pan that needs the least amount of modification possible because the last time I modified my oil pan(turbo) I had leak problems.

One last thing I was confused about was the talk of Marking the cam gears differently then how they are normally marked stock. Which cam gears are these, the 2.0 or 2.4, and how must they be marked?

I searched for 6 hours yesterday alone, and so far these are my main confusions. I'm sure these questions have been asked before but I just couldn't find them. Thanks for the help.
I generated this page in 0.0094559192657471 seconds, executing 6 queries.