Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectBuilt bottom end: BIG PROBLEM Please help!
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=108217&mesg_id=108217
108217, Built bottom end: BIG PROBLEM Please help!
Posted by fresh95, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Ok, here's the deal. I bought everything needed for a built block from 2gnt member. I got a reman. crank, new JE 8.6:1 pistons, eagle rods, melling oil pump, clevite main bearings, and a block that has already been bored 20 over, honed, decked and hot tanked. I was planning on assembling everything myself, but there are a few major problems.

Problem #1- All 4 pistons are scored (gouged) on opposite sides. They look like they were in a vise or something. Either that or its from shipping them without proper packing, but I highly doubt that because of how the scoring is on exact opposite sides of the pistons, and it's on every one. I can post pics later if it would help. Are these salvageable?

Problem #2- All of the pistons were shipped in one box, and the block in another. I dont know which piston goes to what cylinder, or if he just gave them one piston when the machining was done. I don't even know if the machining was done right. It looks normal(good cross hatching), and the pistons fit in the cylinders alright as far as I can tell.

Do I order new pistons, or try to file the high spots off of these? If I do get new pistons, will I have to go 40 over, and get the block re-machined? This really pisses me off, cuz I paid $1500 for all this shit, and now I feel like I got hosed. When I contacted the member and told him the pistons were gouged, he said "what do you mean there gouged, they're brand new. I explained the situation to him, and never got a reply after that.

WHAT SHOULD I DO? PLEASE HELP ME, I NEED OPINIONS ASAP!
Thanks in advance, Mike.
I generated this page in 0.0091989040374756 seconds, executing 6 queries.