Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectRE: Spun bearing, need new 420a in Kansas City area, questions and concerns...
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=101660&mesg_id=101812
101812, RE: Spun bearing, need new 420a in Kansas City area, questions and concerns...
Posted by snufalufagus040, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Sorry to bump this uninformative topic, but I'm really in a bind here.

Things didn't work out with the local KC guy on this thread; he was going to come and give my car a listen this past weekend, and I haven't heard from him since.

Still got the 'ticking', though I haven't been driving my car at all. I can no longer afford a rental as of this weekend, and I have mediation re: the custody battle with my son next week, and things won't go over well if I don't have reliable transportation.

Questions:

Anyone know of a reputable shop in my area (Kansas City), or a chain that would actually grind the crank and replace bearings? Or at least be able to find a new engine, install it, and guarantee it?

The local guy also said that I might be able to actually get rid of the tick if I would add a WAY heavier oil and run the car for a while. I think he suggested something like 30W-50? Wouldn't that jack up all sorts of things, or could this actually work?

At this point, I would pay a 2GNTer whatever it takes just to diagnose the real issue, and help me with a plan to get the car running again. snuffy@snufalufagus.com if you can help. Thanks all.

I generated this page in 0.011948108673096 seconds, executing 6 queries.