Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectRE: Spun bearing, need new 420a in Kansas City area, questions and concerns...
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=101660&mesg_id=101693
101693, RE: Spun bearing, need new 420a in Kansas City area, questions and concerns...
Posted by BCMFlash811, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
With just a spun bearing and no other problems the parts themselves would only cost $50-100 for everything. I've replced a spun rod bearing on my Talon and also on my Tercel. The tercel worked perfectly but I had other problems I didn't see with the talon. Warped Connecting Rod and egg shaped crank journal on the same cylinder.

Go to a shop that doesn't look sketchy but also doesn't look like a corporate business. I worked for Midas for a year or so a few years back and I saw them rape people with labor/parts prices. 4800 dollars is insane to pay for a new engine w/ install. As long as you go to the right place and have them look for the right things.

Ask them to measure all your crank journals and bearing caps. If you're lucky all they might have to do is sand down the crank slightly with it still in the engine. Thats under 1000 dollars worth of work.

Good luck.
I generated this page in 0.012250185012817 seconds, executing 6 queries.