Go back to previous topic
Forum name2004 DSM ShootOut
Topic subjectWill there be a dyno there?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=39&topic_id=377
377, Will there be a dyno there?
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
see subject. If so, any ideas about availability or pricing? I will have some shit talking to prove by then. :P TY.
379, RE: Will there be a dyno there?
Posted by turbo8u, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by DR1665
see subject. If so, any ideas about availability or pricing? I will have some shit talking to prove by then. :P TY.

no but they do have a track ;) <hint hint> <wink wink> bring it son.

_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

as needles of ice
are the ill winds' talons
the coldest of shadows
they seep unto the bone

380, RE: Will there be a dyno there?
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'm sure they will.
381, RE: Will there be a dyno there?
Posted by JasonESi_T, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yeah, I bet they will. I dyno'd last year and it was quite busy. I'm sure they made some good cash on it, so most likely if there's money to be made, someone will be there to take it. IIRC, it was VERY reasonable with something like $50 for three pulls and a printout.

My results then are still in my sig.
382, RE: Will there be a dyno there?
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Wow. You put more power to the wheels than I aim to make at the crank this year. :P

Oh and Josh? You bet your ass I'm going to bring it. I just want to know if I'll have to prove my 230hp all motor on the dyno here or if I can wait until I get there and have a couple hundred bear witness to the power of the 420A. }(
383, RE: Will there be a dyno there?
Posted by Uberingram, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
too bad non DSM's cant partake in some of the activities :(
384, RE: Will there be a dyno there?
Posted by Remy, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Uberingram
too bad non DSM's cant partake in some of the activities :(

But YOU can in a good ole street race :)

MetalJimbo: Don't matter how ugly you are - all the girls love you in the titty bar

Member # 333
385, RE: Will there be a dyno there?
Posted by HybriDSM, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Remy
Originally posted by Uberingram too bad non DSM's cant partake in some of the activities :(
But YOU can in a good ole street race :) MetalJimbo: Don't matter how ugly you are - all the girls love you in the titty bar Member # 333

Not around Norwalk during Shootout weekend. Unless you want to get to know Norwalk's finest on an intimate basis, I wouldn't recommend it.
386, RE: Will there be a dyno there?
Posted by XtremeRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'm sure they will have the portable dyno there this year. If I remember right, I paid 20 bucks for 2 runs, no tuning, and a printout of your runs. You could do 3 pulls with A/F tuning for more money though. There were tons of people who dynoed last year, so I'm sure the company that does it wont miss out on the good revenue this year. I hit my 230 HP at around 12 psi on their dyno last year..hopfully much more this year :)
387, RE: Will there be a dyno there?
Posted by Uberingram, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by HybriDSM
Originally posted by Uberingram too bad non DSM's cant partake in some of the activities :(
Not around Norwalk during Shootout weekend. Unless you want to get to know Norwalk's finest on an intimate basis, I wouldn't recommend it.

oh, we can partake somewhere out of town :)
388, RE: Will there be a dyno there?
Originally posted by Uberingram
Originally posted by HybriDSM
oh, we can partake somewhere out of town :)

True, out of town, but let's just say, an event (plus the general purpose and cars of the weekend) two years ago has led to the police being called out in record numbers in and around Norwalk. Just be careful is all. Then let us know who won the not-a-race.
389, RE: Will there be a dyno there?
Posted by XtremeRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Any non-DSM can partake in any activity except the actual SO races. Last year there was an import event on Saturday, that almost any car other than a V8 could race in. Maybe it will be the same this year. Last year there were all kinds of cars going on the dyno too. Anyone check Norwalk Raceway Park's race schedule yet? kinda curious now :) And dont fuk around in Norwalk with the car..we saw countless number of people get pulled over, and that was just in front of the Hotel! I took like 4 people for rides in my car last year, but went out a little bit to open er up..
393, RE: Will there be a dyno there?
Posted by 2hot97GS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by XtremeRS
I took like 4 people for rides in my car last year, but went out a little bit to open er up..

yeah.. i remember.. its never been the same for me :sigh:
394, RE: Will there be a dyno there?
Posted by thegame, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by 2hot97GS
Originally posted by XtremeRS I took like 4 people for rides in my car last year, but went out a little bit to open er up..
yeah.. i remember.. its never been the same for me :sigh:

haha. i was 1 of them that got a ride in his car.

New/More Mods Comming... New 1/4 Times In March/April
407, RE: Will there be a dyno there?
Also, unless he stopped doing this, Buschur has a Dyno at his place that people use during the day Sunday. I have no idea on hours or cost, but I'm pretty sure there is one open at his shop 5 minutes from the track, and one at the track.
421, RE: Will there be a dyno there?
Posted by VX100, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Buschur stopped holding the dyno runs at his shop, that is why the portable dyno was there over two days.

Also, I do not know what other racing events will be taking place that weekend. I don't think the shootout is at the same time this year as the import nationals, but I have not checked the 2004 Norwalk Raceway schedule.
I generated this page in 0.013828992843628 seconds, executing 7 queries.