Go back to previous topic
Forum name2004 DSM ShootOut
Topic subjectBringing beer for Dino and the mods?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=39&topic_id=293
293, Bringing beer for Dino and the mods?
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
And along these lines, I say everyone try to find a case or two of something special in their area that the rest of us can't really get and we have us a little beer tasting event while we're there.

Who's with me? }(

Poll question: Bringing beer for Dino and the mods?

Poll result (7 votes)
fuckin' a man! (7 votes)Vote

296, RE: Bringing beer for Dino and the mods?
Posted by soulcontroller, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
actually that would be kind of cool, all sorts of wierd micro-brews from all over the country. should start a thread and have people post what beer they are going to bring hehe.
297, RE: Bringing beer for Dino and the mods?
Posted by Diceman19, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
not 21, sorry
298, RE: Bringing beer for Dino and the mods?
Posted by mitsuman297, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i'll be freshly 21 at the shootout, so HELL YES. good idea
299, RE: Bringing beer for Dino and the mods?
Posted by CrazyEclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
A good point to bring up ^^^^^
As nice of people there are on the board, those that are 21 + need to respect those that are not old enough to drive and respect their wishes if they choose not to drink. I dont think it would be a big deal if they did as long as theres no driving afterwards. I'm not a beer drinker (being a girl, only liquor), it may be a good idea to have 1 person hold all the keys of those drinking, just in case.
Keep that in mind to whomever is planning this event. I had a friend that was killed while intoxicated because no one was there to drive him home. Let's be smart about drinking please.
:cheers

Undergoing MAJOR modifications, inside and out
member# 2498 / girl member# unknown
304, RE: Bringing beer for Dino and the mods?
Posted by bullox, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I could bring some Riverwest Stein...thats a good local microbrew from the Brew City :thumbsup

305, RE: Bringing beer for Dino and the mods?
Posted by SILVERNT, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
ill be 21 the 1st day of the shootout(friday 13th) gimme beer
306, RE: Bringing beer for Dino and the mods?
Posted by BuckNutty, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
is there anything special from VA?? If not i jus might grab some corona...I am down for a lil beer down there....lemme know the time and place.
310, RE: Bringing beer for Dino and the mods?
Originally posted by CrazyEclipse
A good point to bring up ^^^^^ As nice of people there are on the board, those that are 21 + need to respect those that are not old enough to drive and respect their wishes if they choose not to drink. I dont think it would be a big deal if they did as long as theres no driving afterwards. I'm not a beer drinker (being a girl, only liquor), it may be a good idea to have 1 person hold all the keys of those drinking, just in case. Keep that in mind to whomever is planning this event. I had a friend that was killed while intoxicated because no one was there to drive him home. Let's be smart about drinking please. :cheers Undergoing MAJOR modifications, inside and out member# 2498 / girl member# unknown

pretty much all places (shops etc.)within the city of norwalk are within walking distance of each other. :thumbsup
312, RE: Bringing beer for Dino and the mods?
Posted by HybriDSM, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
DD should not be a probllem, I don't think. Diceman says walking distance, which is correct, and also, everyone last year looked out for each other, and I doubt anyone here would let anyone else from 2gnt drive drunk. We are all friends after all. I like the beer idea, although I may not have too much room in my car with all the crap that I bring to fix any new and unexpected car problems, but I'll buy something there fo' sho'.
313, RE: Bringing beer for Dino and the mods?
Posted by Avenger, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Diceman19
Originally posted by CrazyEclipse A good point to bring up ^^^^^ As nice of people there are on the board, those that are 21 + need to respect those that are not old enough to drive and respect their wishes if they choose not to drink. I dont think it would be a big deal if they did as long as theres no driving afterwards. I'm not a beer drinker (being a girl, only liquor), it may be a good idea to have 1 person hold all the keys of those drinking, just in case. Keep that in mind to whomever is planning this event. I had a friend that was killed while intoxicated because no one was there to drive him home. Let's be smart about drinking please. :cheers
pretty much all places (shops etc.)within the city of norwalk are within walking distance of each other. :thumbsup

Yeah that's true. All the hotels are with in a 5 minute walk or a 10 minute stumble from one another.

314, RE: Bringing beer for Dino and the mods?
if i get too drizzy i jus might have to bum a floor from someone till i sober up IMO. I make it a point to not drink and drive...when i am under the influence of anything, i actually tend to keep my head and make good decisions NOT to do certain things.
317, RE: Bringing beer for Dino and the mods?
good plans everyone. :-) drunk driving is bad mmmmkay. :thumbsup
318, RE: Bringing beer for Dino and the mods?
Posted by SILVERNT, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
yeah hes right, last year we did look out for everyone. im still having shootout withdrawal from last year.
319, RE: Bringing beer for Dino and the mods?
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
We're all grown ups here, not stupid fratboys. We will not be restraining the non-drinkers and pouring beer down their throats (unless they ask us to). Consuming copius amounts of alcohol is *MY* job, and i will not have my thunder stolen :-)

But really. We're all a safe bunch. Think about it - half the moderating team, all in one place. Do you think we would NOT maintain order? :-P :+
320, RE: Bringing beer for Dino and the mods?
Originally posted by DarkOne
But really. We're all a safe bunch. Think about it - half the moderating team, all in one place. Do you think we would NOT maintain order? :-P :+

Our new goal as members is to create an uncontrollable environment of Chaos. Everyone, get your game faces on. A challenge has been issued.:cheers
321, RE: Bringing beer for Dino and the mods?
Think about it - half the moderating team, all in one place. Do you think we would NOT maintain order? :-P :+

it is kinda hard to lock a mouth or delete a person. :-) LOL.
323, RE: Bringing beer for Dino and the mods?
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Get me in the right mood, and i can chew someone up like a senior NCO.

All saber rattling and chest puffing aside, i think this is an excellent idea. I will bring you guys some Ziegen Bock or St. Arnold's.... and you will like it. Or else.
324, RE: Bringing beer for Dino and the mods?
you will like it. Or else.

BWAHAHAHAHA! :P

I will find something cool around here in AZ to bring. If not, I will see what my friends in Germany can get across the pond by then. }( (Shit, I might just try that one FIRST!)

325, RE: Bringing beer for Dino and the mods?
Agreed. I'm excited to try different local suds. Hopefully MD has some cool stuff available (although I'm skeptical at best), and I'll have a few motnhs to search for it too.

At least we are in the same calendar year as the SO now. 8 months and counting.
336, RE: Bringing beer for Dino and the mods?
Posted by Michael_97RS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
We're all grown ups here, not stupid fratboys. We will not be restraining the non-drinkers and pouring beer down their throats (unless they ask us to). Consuming copius amounts of alcohol is *MY* job, and i will not have my thunder stolen :-) But really. We're all a safe bunch. Think about it - half the moderating team, all in one place. Do you think we would NOT maintain order? :-P :+

Yes we do not want to have to go outside... again...

We only install parts drunk (andalmost step on the chin spoiler more times than I can count), not drive that way.

I will never force anyone to drink... it means more for me.

Exile Racing Technologies: http://www.exileracing.com
una salus victus
Mods List: http://highlander.dsmpower.com/sig.htm
346, RE: Bringing beer for Dino and the mods?
ha. i am surprised that we didnt break that chin spoiler. we had everyone stepping on that thing, including me. whoops.
373, RE: Bringing beer for Dino and the mods?
Posted by Blizare, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I could fill my trunk with different kinds of canadian beers....but I can't wait to try some of your beer.
1. Sam Adams
2. Rolling Rock?
3. Michelob

these beers I don't get here.......sometimes but not always!
375, RE: Bringing beer for Dino and the mods?
Posted by whodatt1, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
hehe Capitol Brew will be there.. good stuff..
624, RE: Bringing beer for Dino and the mods?
Posted by Shockeclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I was kinda wondering about the whole age thing. I mean I drink but I am not 21...so would any of you be weirded out by underage drinking? Or I can save it for my own room. Just wondering...I was going to bring some liquer and maybe some great lakes brewery shit which I am partial to.
627, RE: Bringing beer for Dino and the mods?
IMO...so long as you ain't stoopid about it you are good. I was drinkin last year and a cop rolled right up next to me, i was 20 at that point. Jus don't drink and drive and don't act a fool.
649, RE: Bringing beer for Dino and the mods?
Posted by admin2, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
We're all grown ups here, not stupid fratboys. We will not be restraining the non-drinkers and pouring beer down their throats (unless they ask us to).

Okay, i take this back. I will be restraining Ryan_Hes and pouring beer down his throat. And he will like it... but hopefully not TOO much.
650, RE: Bringing beer for Dino and the mods?
Originally posted by admin2
Originally posted by DarkOne We're all grown ups here, not stupid fratboys. We will not be restraining the non-drinkers and pouring beer down their throats (unless they ask us to).
Okay, i take this back. I will be restraining Ryan_Hes and pouring beer down his throat. And he will like it... but hopefully not TOO much.

If you need a hand, let me know. I'd like to help.
653, RE: Bringing beer for Dino and the mods?
Posted by DarKReaLity, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
ok now, we should consider being healthy during this event! that's too much calories being consumed, especially when going down the 1/4. make sure all beers are light or you will suffer on ET's!
655, RE: Bringing beer for Dino and the mods?
Posted by blcktalipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by DarKReaLity
ok now, we should consider being healthy during this event! that's too much calories being consumed, especially when going down the 1/4. make sure all beers are light or you will suffer on ET's!

your a hardcore racer when...
656, RE: Bringing beer for Dino and the mods?
yeah man...fuk dat...i think i am jus gonna rice around town...not sure she can take the track abuse......yet
663, RE: Bringing beer for Dino and the mods?
Posted by Ryan_Hes, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
No restraining me.... I'm only drinking to a certain extent...lol

I dont plan on being sick that night...just very drunk. And I like to drink hard stuff - Vodka and mixed drinks. Do shots with me...not beer bongs.

Here the plan...isn't is Liquor before beer your in the clear?

I'll take my shots, and sip on a mixed drink for a bit....
Come back later and shotgun some beers against you guys...we can race.
And if you don't beat me you suck, I'm 5'9 and weigh a buck 45 :-D
664, RE: Bringing beer for Dino and the mods?
Posted by ajna_star, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
will i b the ONLY sober person there?
667, RE: Bringing beer for Dino and the mods?
Originally posted by ajna_star

You very well might sir...

GET HIM GUYS!!!!!! LOL. :P
891, RE: Bringing beer for Dino and the mods?
Posted by cms, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Looks like Im with you on the shots first, theN mixed drinks after Ryan. Im more of a liquor person myself as well. But with all these different beers coming, Im going to have to try and have a couple of those as well. Dont want to puke.. Just slightly DRUNK :thumbsup

-Chris
892, RE: Bringing beer for Dino and the mods?
Posted by Uberingram, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by ajna_star

Quite alright sir. You'll be the one stopping us from starting shit with NABR or the like. :P
I generated this page in 0.022235155105591 seconds, executing 9 queries.