Go back to previous topic
Forum name2004 DSM ShootOut
Topic subjectChicagoland Meeting Place!!!!
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=39&topic_id=1600
1600, Chicagoland Meeting Place!!!!
Posted by HahnRacecraftKid, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
ok guys, i did a little bit of research and i found a Home Depot about a mile South off of I-294. The road name is Halstedt Street and is about 2-3 miles East of the I-80/I-294 intersection. I figured this would work for most people in all directions. Wisconsin guys just get on 294, west guys will be on 80 and the south guys will be on 55 to 80 so it seemed like the perfect spot. Time, i dont know what everyone wants but at least i found a spot:)
1603, RE: Chicagoland Meeting Place!!!!
Just bumpin cause i accidently bumped all the other chicagoland things above it:)
1609, RE: Chicagoland Meeting Place!!!!
Posted by XtremeRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yeah, you guys get yer stuff together! We MI guys are all ready to go :)
1610, RE: Chicagoland Meeting Place!!!!
ok, i see that people have viewed this post but we need people to reply saying yes thats good, or no it wont work.....We also need a time....Lets also remember this is a suggestion, only one so far....and i am just a kid so its not like i have as much authority to put this together....PLZ post if this spot will work and ESPECIALLY a time.

Thanks,
Adam Hahn
1618, RE: Chicagoland Meeting Place!!!!
alright, from joliet illinois, it is estimate 5 hour 15 minute drive with no traffic lol. So i figure itll take at least 6 hours 15 minutes to get there then with stops and what not. the track opens at 6 pm friday night. So a good meeting time at the home depot i would say maybe 11 am?
if that does not work for anyone post, otherwise i guess it would work....
1619, RE: Chicagoland Meeting Place!!!!
I dont know how to edit so here it goes...After thinking about the time, 11 is too late because we may stop for lunch, worse traffic and if we would all like to stop at our rooms b4 the track...I am thinking more along the lines of 9:30-10 any problems, speak up and be heard!!!!
1621, RE: Chicagoland Meeting Place!!!!
Posted by JasonESi_T, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
That sounds good to me.

10am then? We've actually thinking about heading up to the Chicago area on Thursday night, if we can get a fellow 2GNT'er to hook us up! ;-)

Does this stop off point have an exit # that you remember?
1623, RE: Chicagoland Meeting Place!!!!
Posted by SILVERNT, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by JasonESi_T
That sounds good to me. 10am then? We've actually thinking about heading up to the Chicago area on Thursday night, if we can get a fellow 2GNT'er to hook us up! ;-) Does this stop off point have an exit # that you remember?

i already have DR1665, dino, thura, and michael staying over, this inn is closed
1625, RE: Chicagoland Meeting Place!!!!
im not sure but if i remember correctly it is illinois route 1
1631, RE: Chicagoland Meeting Place!!!!
Originally posted by HahnRacecraftKid
im not sure but if i remember correctly it is illinois route 1

Hmm...that's not really clear.

I'm looking for an interstate and an exit. I don't live up there, so saying route 1, is like me telling you to "come on over to my house...I live about 2 miles west of Route 4.(which is absolutely true)" :P
1628, RE: Chicagoland Meeting Place!!!!
Posted by Michael_97RS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Great! Thanks Adam.

I can go with Home Depot.

Springfield boys, what time are you leaving/going to be in Chicago?

Exile Racing Technologies: http://www.exileracing.com
So. All that's left, is... everything - Jesse James
1629, RE: Chicagoland Meeting Place!!!!
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Michael_97RS
Springfield boys, what time are you leaving/going to be in Chicago?

Originally posted by JasonESi_T
That sounds good to me. 10am then? We've actually thinking about heading up to the Chicago area on Thursday night, if we can get a fellow 2GNT'er to hook us up! ;-) Does this stop off point have an exit # that you remember?

1630, RE: Chicagoland Meeting Place!!!!
Originally posted by Michael_97RS
Great! Thanks Adam. I can go with Home Depot. Springfield boys, what time are you leaving/going to be in Chicago?

Thanks Dino.

We were hoping to leave the night before, but since you guys don't have any spare room, I guess we might be leaving around 6:00am on Friday. :shrug
1632, RE: Chicagoland Meeting Place!!!!
Posted by Ryan_Hes, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'm ready to go....like Jason said...it'd be nice to leave Thursday night and stay in Chicago that night...then leave Friday for the SO with you all. Either way it'll work out..
1636, RE: Chicagoland Meeting Place!!!!
Posted by XtremeRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Do you guys think that you will be leaving chicago around 11 am? If so, then that puts you guys in Toledo around 3 pm eastern time. If its diff then that, let me know!!
1638, RE: Chicagoland Meeting Place!!!!
I went to map quest and i tried to find an exit number and all it said was merge on to the street......as i said in my first post, it is about 2-3 miles east of the i-294 and i-80 intersection.....I do know that it gives you a like 1 3/4 of a mile warning or something along those lines.
1643, Update...
Well, we'll be staying at a hotel on Thursday night in the Joliet area off of 55. Therefore, we'll be ready to go ASAP on Friday morning if any alterations to our depart times are needed. Given Dino and Thura will already be up there too, there might not be any reason to wait around.

Here is the address for the Home Depot:

HALSTED ST/IL-1 SOUTH exit off of I-80 EAST/I-294 SOUTH

Home Depot
17845 HALSTED ST, HOMEWOOD
1665, RE: Update...
Posted by Hult250R, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
For all you Chicago caravan guys what 2-way channel we gonna use?
Pick a number lol
Just thought it would be a lil easier if we planned ahead of time.

1670, RE: Update...
Posted by Michael_97RS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
What time's everybody thinking? Try to be at the Home Deport like 8:30, leave by 9:00? That gives people a little chance to drive without waking up before the crack of dawn.

Thoughts?

Exile Racing Technologies: http://www.exileracing.com
So. All that's left, is... everything - Jesse James
1673, RE: Update...
yea, i was thinking about leaving 9 to 9:30 personally.....
1675, RE: Update...
Posted by whodatt1, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
SWEET!!!!! I'm officially in! got vacation approved! hehe. I will be coming from Madison WI.
I generated this page in 0.011415004730225 seconds, executing 7 queries.