Go back to previous topic
Forum name2004 DSM ShootOut
Topic subjectwhat a year
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=39&topic_id=1981&mesg_id=1981
1981, what a year
Posted by VX100, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Wow, I think this was the best shootout ever! I don't have any pics to share (I knew everyone else would take plenty) but here's my take on it.

It was great seeing so many people I haven't seen in a year, and getting a chance to meet even more. (too many names to list here!) We need to get name tags next year; there are too many of us to keep track of!

I was so happy that I could actually make it with my car! For those who don't know, a month ago one of my crane #16 cams broke a dowel pin and bent a few valves. My car was down for the count but Mike and Exile Racing were kind enough to help me out and get my head fixed (AND ported, heh heh, why not?) AND get it to me fast enough so I could get the car together. I was a day later than I wanted to be but I got there.

Big thanks to the guys out at Exile Racing for making it possible!

The car ran great, and I ran my fastest time AT Norwalk (a 15.74). I was suprised at how well I did since I have not raced since April. I made it through three rounds in the bracket 2 class, but someone just ran a better race than me and I was out. I am expecting to run some very good times before the season is out!

I was great seeing plenty of turboed cars out there running, although next year you guys have to do better than 13.7 (Bill Hahn doesn't count!)

And it was great for Bill to show up and run the RS, and for everyone to meet him in person. Also very nice of him to help out Thura when his engine gave out on!

And BIG congrats to Daniel for running that low 15 sec time all motor! It was good to see someone run faster than me, and actually with my own eyes too! I'll see what I can do out here at New England Dragway but Daniel was running that time where I never run well, so I expect he'll be even faster in the near future.

Here's to a great year! I hope everyone shows up again next year too!
I generated this page in 0.0076370239257812 seconds, executing 6 queries.