Go back to previous topic
Forum name2004 DSM ShootOut
Topic subjectRE: 04 Shootout Detailed Pics/Info
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=39&topic_id=1750&mesg_id=1840
1840, RE: 04 Shootout Detailed Pics/Info
Posted by Diceman19, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by HybriDSM
Ran once at the track. 14.9 @ 103 (2.9 60'). Went into the staging and didn't launch at all, and still managed to bog horrifically. Trap was ok though for 15 PSI I guess, but I'll be the first to admit that at this point, I am a shitty driver. It's all my fault and not the car. Jordan has a video of some around town driving I am hoping he will get up soon. I ran it once, then it overheated, so I didn't want to risk it again, but since another guy broke down in our return caravan, I trailered his car to Syracuse and he drove mine the 360 miles back to NY. It also overheated badly on the highway again (in construction traffic) but made it home famously once we topped off the coolant and ran the heat. Again, car runs great. I suck at driving it. Also of note, when the car got to Ohio, the engine had 17 miles on it. By Sunday morning it had 100, and now it has just over 500. It runs fantastic, but I need to learn how to drive it on the track all over again. This weekend I'll get some in car footage as much as I can as I have a little maintenance to do on it, then I'll go out and tune it for about 23-24 PSI on pump gas. It was tuned perfectly for 15 PSI so I left it alone for Ohio driving. I'll update the situation as more people have Q's. Short version: I suck at driving the car.

i have all kinds of questions, i just dont know what they are. :-) your car is freakin sweet. you have motivated me to fix my car within the next two weeks or so. well that and my mom wants it out of the garage because it has been sitting there for like 6 months. how long does it take dry rot to set in on tires? LOL. someone get those vids up so we can see the run and relive the exhileration.
I generated this page in 0.0099329948425293 seconds, executing 6 queries.