Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBad Guys
Topic subjectALL UPDATES ABOUT MR.SLICK (Lee Johnston) GO HERE.
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=36&topic_id=394
394, ALL UPDATES ABOUT MR.SLICK (Lee Johnston) GO HERE.
Posted by RxR_Eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
*** NOTE FROM FORUM MODERATOR: Let's keep all information about Mr. Slick (Lee Johnston) OUT of the technical forums (esp. the EMS forum) and in this thread. THIS THREAD WILL BE STRICTLY MODERATED. ***

I got a call from a PA district attorney this morning claiming that Lee has sent my MSnS to me. He got an tracking number saying that the unit has been sent. Now I know that Lee has sent tracking numbers in the past with no unit to be found so lets hope that this is not one of those situations. The attorney said if I don't get the unit within 7 day's then to call him and he will take further action. SO there may be some light at the end of the tunnel for us that paid Lee for MSnS units. I just wanted to let everyone know that something is happening.
395, RE: ALL UPDATES ABOUT MR.SLICK (Lee Johnston) GO HERE.
Posted by djtrickee, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I received the same call this morning at 6:30am (yuck!) with the news that they had received "correspondance" from Lee Johnston and that he said he had shipped mine as well. The PA DA said to give it 7 or so days due to the Hurricane and if I had not recieved it by that point to call back. He also said that they would also be doing more follow up work. I inquired about the tracking number MrSlick gave him and he forwarded it to me. However! there are way to many numbers in the tracking number Lee provided by about 10 and none of them are showing up as valid on Fedex's website. I am leary and will give it 7 days, but I won't believe any of it till I get the actual MS in my hands, and it better not be brick in a box, or a box full of old wires and what used to be my MS.

Here's to hoping. Fingers crossed.

-chris b.
396, RE: ALL UPDATES ABOUT MR.SLICK (Lee Johnston) GO HERE.
Posted by Ready4Dis, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hey, how did you guys get anywhere? Who do I need to call to get the same type of responses you got? I ordered mine in January, still no word. Do you have an address, or any information that I can use to try to contact him or the district attorney?
397, RE: ALL UPDATES ABOUT MR.SLICK (Lee Johnston) GO HERE.
Posted by madhatter210, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Ready4Dis
Hey, how did you guys get anywhere? Who do I need to call to get the same type of responses you got? I ordered mine in January, still no word. Do you have an address, or any information that I can use to try to contact him or the district attorney?
via Jeff(evulflea)sig

http://www.evulflea.com/mrslick.html
398, RE: ALL UPDATES ABOUT MR.SLICK (Lee Johnston) GO HERE.
Posted by whodatt1, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i used to keep intouch with the DA, last call was early last week they said they had been intouch with him and that he was working on several units. I'm glad to hear that some of you got a call regarding the shipping of your units.
I honestly preffer my $ now, as there is a new version of the MS out now.

thanks to all the people that followed suit and filled out the DA's form, if not for the multiple complaints, I'm not sure they would have paid as much attention to this case.

Hopefully we will all get our Ms's or $ soon.
399, RE: ALL UPDATES ABOUT MR.SLICK (Lee Johnston) GO HERE.
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have never gotten any calls from anyone ect. I filed the form and nothing. Has anyone validated this DA for security to make sure its not someone Lee know "playing" the DA so no one calls a lawyer?

Terry
400, RE: ALL UPDATES ABOUT MR.SLICK (Lee Johnston) GO HERE.
Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
I have never gotten any calls from anyone ect. I filed the form and nothing. Has anyone validated this DA for security to make sure its not someone Lee know "playing" the DA so no one calls a lawyer? Terry

Yes. Unless Lee is actually in the PA DA building fielding phone calls.
401, RE: ALL UPDATES ABOUT MR.SLICK (Lee Johnston) GO HERE.
Posted by HiOnPSI, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I, as well recieved the call this morning with a shipping notification. Let's hope this is real. If so, I owe Jeff a huge debt of gratitude.

Jon

1997 Eclipse RS
12.671 @ 111.660 1.586 60' 5/28/04
1996 Honda Civic DX

www.haiokuracing.com
402, RE: ALL UPDATES ABOUT MR.SLICK (Lee Johnston) GO HERE.
Posted by xcasbonx, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have not received a phone call at all since I filed my claim as well. He owes me 400 dollars or a MTX. If I don't hear anything soon, I'll be making a phone call.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1030
403, RE: ALL UPDATES ABOUT MR.SLICK (Lee Johnston) GO HERE.
Posted by CustomGS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hey guys, Although i havent ordered anything from Lee, I just wanted to let everyone know that I live 15 minutes from Doylestown PA
(PA's judicial capitol) and if I can help in anyway let me know. Whether it be help with correspondence or checking out this DA situation.
404, RE: ALL UPDATES ABOUT MR.SLICK (Lee Johnston) GO HERE.
Posted by Sorry_i_Win, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I haven't ordered anything either, but I would also be glad to help out since I live about 2 hours from him. Maybe I could pay him a visit and see what he's up to.
405, RE: ALL UPDATES ABOUT MR.SLICK (Lee Johnston) GO HERE.
Posted by XtremeRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I recieved a call also..said mine was shipping as well...yeah.. riiiight :)
406, RE: ALL UPDATES ABOUT MR.SLICK (Lee Johnston) GO HERE.
Originally posted by XtremeRS
I recieved a call also..said mine was shipping as well...yeah.. riiiight :)

Its funny how he has magically shipped over 4 units at once... Hmm... If you were destitute and broke and working towards repaying everyone, wouldn't you ship them as you were able to build them? I cannot believe I will get anything other than a box full of styrofoam peanuts or even worse nothing at all. I contacted FEDEX regarding my tracking number and was informed that it was not yet valid and had been initiated off the internet. To throw off the "heat" for a couple of weeks or months its easy to generate tracking numbers.

I am not holding my breath as to if I will even receive a box or a brick or a king sized turd with wires sticking out of it. I do have respect and a warm fuzzy feeling at least knowing the PA DA is on to him. The very least I will get the pleasure in a weeks time to call them up and let them know mrslick not only screwed me once, but twice, by sending nothing again. Cheers!

PS- I am not angry anymore, it has passed. But I still want a megasquirt.
407, RE: ALL UPDATES ABOUT MR.SLICK (Lee Johnston) GO HERE.
Sorry mods for posting in the wrong place, thanks for moving it here.

As for my unit, still not here.
408, RE: ALL UPDATES ABOUT MR.SLICK (Lee Johnston) GO HERE.
Anyone heard anything yet? If I don't have a package by tomorrow, I'm calling him back.

Jon

1997 Eclipse RS
1996 Honda Civic DX

www.haiokuracing.com
409, RE: ALL UPDATES ABOUT MR.SLICK (Lee Johnston) GO HERE.
nothing yet, I'm calling tomorrow as well.
410, RE: ALL UPDATES ABOUT MR.SLICK (Lee Johnston) GO HERE.
Posted by Kirby, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Did you guy's call to follow up with them yet?
411, RE: ALL UPDATES ABOUT MR.SLICK (Lee Johnston) GO HERE.
I haven't had a chance, yet.

Jon

1997 Eclipse RS
1996 Honda Civic DX

www.haiokuracing.com
412, RE: ALL UPDATES ABOUT MR.SLICK (Lee Johnston) GO HERE.
Posted by Ryan_Hes, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I also received a call from the DA in PA guy....gave me tracking on August 28th, and I received the Unit today (sept 14).

In the package was the MS unit itself and a little metal connector thing... I actually paid him for more than this, however this was all I received.

I'm selling mine.
413, RE: ALL UPDATES ABOUT MR.SLICK (Lee Johnston) GO HERE.
congrats man.
414, RE: ALL UPDATES ABOUT MR.SLICK (Lee Johnston) GO HERE.
Today I returned home from work to find a package on my doorstep as well. It was indeed a megasquirt. I photographed the entire sequence, to be on the safe side, and it appears to be what was promised in February.
I am by no means an electrical engineer, but it appears to be soldered well, and according to my limited experience with electronics, everything appears to be new and in the right place. Of course the real test wont be until I am able to hook it up to either a stimulator or the car to find out if it contains what it should and if it works as expected.

I would appreciate any comments/ help from an experienced elec. savy person. I am quite happy to email pics of the board and components if anyone would be wiling to help me determine if I got what I paid for.

Thanks go out to Jeff (Evulflea) for creating the simple website for tracking purposes and to everyone else here who provided me with their information so I could forward it on to the PA DA office. I hope that everyone gets theirs as well, albeit, 10 months late.

Well, I'm off to Vato-zone to get some sensors and such.
415, RE: ALL UPDATES ABOUT MR.SLICK (Lee Johnston) GO HERE.
Sheet! No Megasquirt yet!!

Jon

1997 Eclipse RS
1996 Honda Civic DX

www.haiokuracing.com
416, RE: ALL UPDATES ABOUT MR.SLICK (Lee Johnston) GO HERE.
Posted by Kirby, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have no word at all, what is the name of the guy who is working this? I tried to call the other day and they said I needed to know who was handling this thing.
417, RE: ALL UPDATES ABOUT MR.SLICK (Lee Johnston) GO HERE.
His name is Tim. I called him earlier this week and recieved no response after I left him a message. If it shows up today, I don't care :P

Jon

1997 Eclipse RS
1996 Honda Civic DX

www.haiokuracing.com
418, RE: ALL UPDATES ABOUT MR.SLICK (Lee Johnston) GO HERE.
glad to see some people are getting theirs.. sux to see that lee is not sending them out in order. my complaint was for the MS and harness so i better get both.
419, RE: ALL UPDATES ABOUT MR.SLICK (Lee Johnston) GO HERE.
recieved my unit today..missing some bolts, missing the map sensor. have yet to look inside to see the quality.

Jon

1997 Eclipse RS
1996 Honda Civic DX

www.haiokuracing.com
420, RE: ALL UPDATES ABOUT MR.SLICK (Lee Johnston) GO HERE.
Well I just got a unit from Lee. It is NOT what I ordered though. I ordered a fully assembled unit. I got a board and no case, I got a flyback board (which I did not order) that is not even correctly assembled. I'm calling the PA attorney tomorrow to let them know I got a unit but it was not what I ordered.
Pics to follow....
421, RE: ALL UPDATES ABOUT MR.SLICK (Lee Johnston) GO HERE.

422, RE: ALL UPDATES ABOUT MR.SLICK (Lee Johnston) GO HERE.
I have yet to receive a call or an MS, after seeing what people are getting I'm going to call and see if they can just make him send me my $ back. Its obvious that he's not putting any effort into giving us what we payed for.

EDIT:
I just spoke with agent Tim Shirey at the D.A's office. Mentioned to him how some of you have received your MS's but were not what you ordered or were badly assembled. also asked if he had an update on mine. I'm getting a refund in the mail and a check for partial payment was supposedly mailed on the 14th so we will see.(some people are getting MS's others I guess are getting a refund)
He did say that he had not received any complaints on people receiving the wrong item or a defective item. So if you guys did not get what you paid for please call him, the number again is 814-863-3900 Agent Tim Shirey.
Good luck guys.
423, RE: ALL UPDATES ABOUT MR.SLICK (Lee Johnston) GO HERE.
Yes, I have not had a chance to call him. The letter I recieved with it mentioned that it needed to be sent back in writing. I'll call now though.
424, RE: ALL UPDATES ABOUT MR.SLICK (Lee Johnston) GO HERE.
Posted by Ryan_Hes, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
The best luck is to call him early, between 8 and noon
425, RE: ALL UPDATES ABOUT MR.SLICK (Lee Johnston) GO HERE.
Well I got my first of many checks i guess. it was actually a money order with a letter from the D.A promising this to be the first of regular M.O's until full payment is made. :) it was only $50 which means it will be a while until full payment, but atleast I now have hope that I will get my $ back :)
426, RE: ALL UPDATES ABOUT MR.SLICK (Lee Johnston) GO HERE.
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I pretty much got the shaft. Since i was able to recover 273.00 (the amoutn charged to a CC through paypal) by filign a complaint with Visa the DA does not care about the remaining amount still due as a refund. I can call but i bet i am up a creek. Beats 300.00 though.

Terry
441, RE: ALL UPDATES ABOUT MR.SLICK (Lee Johnston) GO HERE.
Posted by Ready4Dis, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
All I got was a letter in the mail saying that the DA is looking into it, still short $300 from january of last year. I will probably call the DA this coming week and see if I can get an update. I already have a new MSnS that is installed, so I really don't want the product, just my money back!
I generated this page in 0.01288104057312 seconds, executing 7 queries.