Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBad Guys
Topic subjectEclipseStar
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=36&topic_id=370
370, EclipseStar
Posted by Erik, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
We had agreed to trade my Z3 Fenders for his stock fenders plus $50. My fenders were not in perfect condition and needed fiberglass work. I took numerous pictures and sent them to him upon request. He agreed that he definately wanted to work out the trade after seeing the condition of the fenders. I sent the fenders and he acknowledged recieving them. I had an emergency that did not allow me to come up with an extra $50 that week. I informed him immediately and he was fine with it. Less than a week later I had got the money to send him, but he refused to reply to my E-mails. He called me about a week later and said that he was moving and was really busy at work. I trusted that he would start replying to E-mails again so I could send the money and get the fenders I needed. He didn't. He recently PM's me (after weeks have gone by and having E-mailed and PM'ed a number of times now) stating that the fenders are unuseable. This guy refuses to contact me, will not work out a refund of my fenders, or at the very least for the shipping costs it cost me to send them. This is my first bad experience since I've been on the board in over 3 years.
373, RE: EclipseStar
Posted by EclipseStar, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Are you serious? You sent me pic of the fenders correct...But you sent them on the car, and I still have the pictures you sent to me. But they are not even close to what you are saying here, I got fenders that are missing peices, and are TOTALLY unusable. I will refund you the shipping cost, no problem, please send me a paypal name to send you the money you lost on shipping. How do you have a right to complain here, when you owe me 50$ and sent me bad fenders, after sending pictures of fenders on the car. These must have not been on the car in months, and look like someone jumped on them. Trust me if I could find a way to use them I would have.

I would like to have this removed, because I feel this is a horrible way to go about this. And I still don't understand why I'm gonna end out loosing here. PLease explain to me and ALL of 2gnt.com why I gotta loose out when you sent out a bad product and you still own me money?? LOL
374, RE: EclipseStar
My reply to the PM:

Man, I have tried several times to settle this. You did not respond until you felt threatened. We are adults and can resolve problems privately. I prefer to do so. Do you think I'm going to blindly send $50 to a person who won't acknowledge me? If I had sent the money would you have REALLY sent your fenders? If the fenders were so unuseable, why didn't you contact me immediately? I would have filed a complaint with UPS and I would have more than happy to take back the broken fenders, documented, and continued to deal with UPS on the matter until a refund was recieved. Parcel companies fuck shit up all the time. If they had been useless then, you should have told me instead of doing nothing. I'm always more than willing to settle any dispute. If I were in the business to fuck people over, I'd be a lawyer or doctor. Maybe working for an HMO, but not in the car industry. If you can't use them fine. What are you out of? You still have your fenders. I'll send the money if I know I'm going to recieve them. If not, fine. We talked, and I think you are a very busy, reputable person who didn't want to confront a situation. I had no other way to get your attention and used the board as a VERY LAST RESORT. I have nothing. No fenders and I'm $40 more broke. If we can work something out privately, I will then leave appropriate post on the board. I don't hold grudges, but I don't like unfinished business. Lemme know what you to do. Eclipseturbors@yahoo is still the addy.
377, RE: EclipseStar
He has not responded in over 3 days since the last E-mail. I requested a refund of just the shipping costs that I was out seeing that I thought I could get at least that. So, I'm back here still with this unresolved. I felt that I've been as professional as I can possibly be. After seeing that he has posted here at 2gnt several times since the E-mail, I now realize that there will be no transaction. It has been brought to my attention that the so called worthless fenders are now on EBAY. He even used the pictures I sent him.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1995-99-Mitsubishi-Eclipse-Z3-Fenders_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33644QQitemZ7998198081QQrdZ1

He also claims that he had to purchase two new fenders because my fenders were useless. I was to recieve two stock fenders in the trade, why did he buy two new ones? Why didn't he just use the ones he had and just send back mine? I then come to find this fender on Ebay also.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1995-97-Mitsubishi-Eclipse-Drivers-Side-Fender_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33644QQitemZ7998180783QQrdZ1

This guy is making money on parts he didn't pay for. He has fenders, or at least one good stock one to start, according to the Ebay posting. He's got lots of excuses. I would have been plenty happy with one good fender or a refund for shipping. I've told him this. He has had plenty of easy chances to resolve this. He just doesn't want to. Do not deal with this guy.
383, RE: EclipseStar
Still have recieved no refund or contact from this guy even after he sold my fenders on Ebay. This guy is lame.
386, RE: EclipseStar
He has, as of today, Paypal'ed me the $50 I was out for the fenders. He has apologized and I have agreed to update this thread. Maybe he's turned over a new leaf and I hope that maybe I can do business with him again.
I generated this page in 0.0082540512084961 seconds, executing 7 queries.