Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectConfuzed... What goes with this?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=914
914, Confuzed... What goes with this?
Posted by thegame, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Ok. Im confuzed yet once again. haha. Im looking for a clutch, flywheel and some kind of lsd (probably phantom grip).

Im probably going to get the clutchmasters stage 4 clutch (modular), so what will work with it????

Fidanza flywheel - do I get the one for the 95-99 eagle talon non-turbo? OR the 95-99 neon?

Phantom grip lsd - do I get the one for the 95-01 neon/avenger/stratus? Should I get the diff saver? Should I get the upgraded spring kit?

Where did u order these from?
Someone that has these or knows about them, please let me know. I want to buy these things soon. I wanted to make sure I get the right ones. Thanks.

14.7 @ 93mph / 7psi 185hp/180tq
915, RE: Confuzed... What goes with this?
Posted by mkerley, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM

>Fidanza flywheel - do I get the one for the 95-99 eagle talon
>non-turbo? OR the 95-99 neon?

I got the one for the neon, but I dont' have clutchmaster's, so I doubt that helps.

>Phantom grip lsd - do I get the one for the 95-01
>neon/avenger/stratus? Should I get the diff saver? Should I
>get the upgraded spring kit?

the one for the neon will work fine. Get the diff safe brackets. Less than $10 is pretty cheap protection.

>Where did u order these from?

Bob Kise (forum motors) - diff brackets

Groupbuycenter.com - flywheel.
916, RE: Confuzed... What goes with this?
Posted by thegame, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Wow. Soooooooo confuzed now. I think if I just read something right, I cant get a flywheel if I use a modular clutch?? For the love of god.... can someone explain this to me? AAAHHHHH!!!! haha

14.7 @ 93mph / 7psi 185hp/180tq
917, RE: Confuzed... What goes with this?
Posted by siueclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I personally don't think an upgraded flywheel is really needed for our cars. Just go with a stage 3 or stage 4 clutchmasters clutch. Its very nice.

I have a phantom grip LSD. I like it a lot. No more torque steer and i can burn both tires. ;)

James
918, RE: Confuzed... What goes with this?
Posted by 2g99RSNC, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
when u have a modular clutch the flywheel is conected to the clutch
so u need to order a clutch for a 95 neon "non moduluar" and a flywheel for a 95 neon "non modular"
i have the phantom grip and got the race tunning package u will need to take it to someone to put it in. and the phantom grip should be 904 gold i think double check before u go to install that they sent u the right one.
also get the safing brakets atleast to save the pin also i think u need to trim the top off of them so they dont hit ur speed sensor. I also replaced the smaller pin that holds in the dif. pin. The new pin i got was better made and i think there is less chance of it break.
also make sure u get the tranny fluid for ur transmission or trannies r very picky so if u us the wrong stuff it will cause problems. Its expensive but its what u have to use
919, RE: Confuzed... What goes with this?
Posted by mkerley, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
If you get a mod clutch, that's all you need, but if you want to upgrade and get a lighter flywheel, you need to go non-mod conversion route. Simplest thing to do is order the CM replacement clutch for our car which will be modular (then, no need to order flywheel). The phantom grip (or whatever you choose to get) is independent and doesn't depend on what type of clutch you have. Hope that clears up any confusion I may have caused.

Matt
925, RE: Confuzed... What goes with this?
Posted by XtremeRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Our clutches are Modular. This means that the whole clutch assembly is rivited together, and uses a separate plate bolted to the clutch assembly called a flexplate, or drive plate. This plate has the teeth on it for the starter to catch and crank the motor. On non-modular clutches, the flywheel part of the clutch, is bolted, not rivited to the pressure plate, and these flywheels have the starter teeth on them, so no flexplate is used. Clutchmasters has direct bolt on modular clutches you can buy, that retain using the flexplate, BUT you cant replace the clutch disk, because the whole unit is rivited together. Some want to use a non modular setup, so they can replace the clutch disk when it wears. The 95 Neon's use a non mod setup, so you can get a flywheel from it(it has the starter teeth on it), and get a upgraded pressure plate and clutch disk, and then bolt it all together.
I generated this page in 0.01111102104187 seconds, executing 7 queries.