Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectneed more power to wheels
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=9100
9100, need more power to wheels
Posted by SloLoDSM, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I need help finding a "great" trans. shop in South Florida, preferably the "Treasure Coast" area. I don't need a shop that can only replace, or repair, I have been through 4 manual transmissions. I need someone who can build a transmission with stronger parts, taller gears and weld the gears. I've spent to much money paying parts swappers!
9101, RE: need more power to wheels
Posted by CODE4, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Not sure about local, but check out Doug at xtremefabrications.com.

He can build some transmissions. In had a 3.55 built by him for my 2.4 swapped Eclipse.
9102, RE: need more power to wheels
Posted by Gruff511, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
so whats the weak parts of these transmissions? besides the stock clutch and no lsd
9103, RE: need more power to wheels
Posted by SloLoDSM, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have replaced the clutch, with a stage 2 ClutchMaster. I was told by one of the mechanics an LSD was not necessary and has negative effects in most driving circumstances. I keep "shredding " gears. I was told a while ago of a company that rebuilds trans. with taller gears and welds them as we'll as shot peening. I however cannot find the site. I am looking for someone local and competent to do the job.
9104, RE: need more power to wheels
Posted by SilvrEclips, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
How much power are you making. Something is causing your transmissions to fail. I blew the original one at 135K and Im somewhere around 375whp.
9108, RE: need more power to wheels
Posted by chipdogg, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I can rebuild it, I'm not local but have shipped all over the US and Canada no problem. To start with, you'd want a gearset from the newer Neons/PT cruisers which are made from stronger steel and the teeth for 1st and 2nd are wider.

You'll also definitely want an LSD. Night and day difference over stock differential.

Also, where are you getting your transmissions? Used unknown ones from a junkyard? Or are they rebuilt?
9109, RE: need more power to wheels
Posted by CODE4, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Read the post dates.
9111, RE: need more power to wheels
Posted by chipdogg, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Who knows, he may still be looking or may have blown up another one? ;)
9125, RE: need more power to wheels
Posted by iNoise, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I actually live in the treasure coast area.

I take all my stuff to Fast Eddy's shop, hes a renown racer. Currently holds record for fastest NA car i believe...Anyways...

His shop is on Village Green Dr. in port saint lucie. He may be able to do all that you need.
I generated this page in 0.007983922958374 seconds, executing 7 queries.