Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectSwapping a Chrysler tranny for the 5 speed manual, i have ?'s..
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=8418
8418, Swapping a Chrysler tranny for the 5 speed manual, i have ?'s..
Posted by astaindsoul5446, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have a 98 420A GS model. I am planning on swapping it out for a 95 Manual trans..

Was wondering if those years are interchangeable for the transmission even if they're different a and b styles?

I got pretty much the whole harness that runs around the engine bay, ecu, and fuse box underneath the hood. Slave Cylinder, Shifter Cables, Transmission mounts, Clutch Pedal Assembly, Shifter, Clutch line to transmission.

What else may i possibly need other than Clutch and Flywheel.

I didn't know if i needed the wiring for the sensor on the clutch pedal for when it is depressed all the way. Therefore i would've had to remove the inner fuse box, Yes or no?

Also would i need to change my axles or any other parts?
8420, RE: Swapping a Chrysler tranny for the 5 speed manual, i have ?'s..
Posted by bullettdsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hmm, first off the 95 and 98 5sp tranny's are interchangeable.

I'm trying to figure out what you are doing. Are you going from auto to manual?
8421, RE: Swapping a Chrysler tranny for the 5 speed manual, i have ?'s..
Yes i am trying to swap a manual in. I have had too many tranny problems with the automatic and just wanna finally get a manual.

I need to know if the ECU's are interchangeable or Do i have to get the same year..?

Also i was looking for some parts i forgot and/or parts i may need
8422, RE: Swapping a Chrysler tranny for the 5 speed manual, i have ?'s..
Posted by Corbin, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
This page will be helpful ATMT

Your life will be easiest if you get a 1998 MT ECU and keep your current harness.

Corbin
'95 ESI-T

Now with more power and fewer leaks

Humble servant of the Wiki
8428, RE: Swapping a Chrysler tranny for the 5 speed manual, i have ?'s..
Well the other day i found a 95 with tranny and complete harness. I grabbed those and also the ecu from it and then realized that they weren't any wheres near similar. So i went back up to the junkyard and found 1 out of a 97.

The junkyard i went to only had 3 2G eclipses' and 2 were 95's. 1 had an auto and the other had a stick, the 97 was also a stick. I am going to be taking back the 95 ecu and most of the harness since i don't need it..

I have a 98 Eclipse GS if you were wondering haha.

I need to know if the 97 Ecu would work right?

Or would anyone know where i could get a 98 GS M/T Ecu?
8429, RE: Swapping a Chrysler tranny for the 5 speed manual, i have ?'s..
Posted by teklein, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by astaindsoul5446
Well the other day i found a 95 with tranny and complete harness. I grabbed those and also the ecu from it and then realized that they weren't any wheres near similar. So i went back up to the junkyard and found 1 out of a 97. The junkyard i went to only had 3 2G eclipses' and 2 were 95's. 1 had an auto and the other had a stick, the 97 was also a stick. I am going to be taking back the 95 ecu and most of the harness since i don't need it.. I have a 98 Eclipse GS if you were wondering haha. I need to know if the 97 Ecu would work right? Or would anyone know where i could get a 98 GS M/T Ecu?

You could post a WTB for a 1998 MTX ECU.

The 98 and 99 ECU's are interchangeable. When I looked at the pin outs for both they are the same. Alldata provided the pinouts btw.

I use a 99 ECU in my 1998, and another guy runs a 1998 in his 1999.

95, 96, and 97 are all different.
8445, RE: Swapping a Chrysler tranny for the 5 speed manual, i have ?'s..
Posted by baconater3000, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I thought you only changed the ecu to show a higher redline?
8446, RE: Swapping a Chrysler tranny for the 5 speed manual, i have ?'s..
Posted by RoninEclipse2G, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by baconater3000
I thought you only changed the ecu to show a higher redline?

It also prevents the CEL because the ecu is looking for the auto trans sensors. I have heard that other oddities can occur because the fuel maps are a little different from the kickdown and such
I generated this page in 0.0087640285491943 seconds, executing 7 queries.