Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectSpeedometer sensor gear
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=8123
8123, Speedometer sensor gear
Posted by 99frankenstein, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
So my speedometer hasn't been working for a while, and I thought the problem was related to the speedometer gear inside the transmission. So I dropped the transmission and replaced the gear...still didn't work.

I pulled the plastic gear off the speed sensor itself and hooked the sensor up to a power drill and was able to get a reading, so I assumed that the sensor was fine. It appeared the culprit was the gear that attaches to the sensor itself. The inside of it was stripped out. So I went to the local Dodge dealership (as that's where I ordered the speedo gear due to lack of a local Mitsubishi dealership). The gear I ordered is white, and appears to match up with my speedometer gear.

My question is, should there be any issue using the sensor gear from Dodge vs Mitsubishi?

Thanks in advance.
8124, RE: Speedometer sensor gear
Posted by 420agreenvilleSC, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
same gear
8125, RE: Speedometer sensor gear
Posted by RoninEclipse2G, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by 420agreenvilleSC
same gear

Yup. I usually bug dodge for the parts and say that the car is a 420a avenger because it's usually cheaper too.
8155, RE: Speedometer sensor gear
Posted by Tuxdreamerx, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by RoninEclipse2G
Originally posted by 420agreenvilleSC same gear
Yup. I usually bug dodge for the parts and say that the car is a 420a avenger because it's usually cheaper too.

Same here. I went to a mitsu dealer once and it was way more expensive than dodge.
I generated this page in 0.0087988376617432 seconds, executing 7 queries.