Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectRE: Level 10
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=8107&mesg_id=8111
8111, RE: Level 10
Posted by 420AYE, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by 420agreenvilleSC
save your money, do a 5spd swap, and get a bad ass diff and clutch setup.

Maybe I was unclear, I just need to replace my transmission. Its already a 5 speed. And I wanted to get a transmission with possibly 3.55 in it along with a decent LSD. I was thinking of getting a 2.2l shortblock from someone, but does howell still sell them? Who is the best person to go to for this? I'll be doing my work incrementally. So transmission/clutch/flywheel/axels along with the short block, then i'll do some headwork/cams/turbo/exhaust afterward. I just need to know who to give my money to. Noone has any suggestions here? I don't think VT Engines is in business anymore. Who can I buy a built shortblock from? Crate engine or someone I can go to that will take my block and put the kits on it. I live in arizona, so any reputable mechanic that has done this before would be awesome.

EDIT: Maybe your just suggesting I swap a 'new' 5 spd in. So in that case yeah... Thats what i'm trying to do :p
I generated this page in 0.0077621936798096 seconds, executing 6 queries.