Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectClutch cable retainer clips...need replacement help
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=7903
7903, Clutch cable retainer clips...need replacement help
Posted by 2G_Dad, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Apparently, the underhood retaining clips that hold the shift cables in place worked themselves loose and have disappeared. Has anyone come up with a readily available replacement for these, or fabricated something. Kind of need this in a hurry. Junkyard is closed and car is needed for Monday morning. I can't even find a picture of these things. Thanks for any ideas.
7904, RE: Clutch cable retainer clips...need replacement help
Posted by adamzty, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Paperclip might work if I know what you are talking about.
7905, RE: Clutch cable retainer clips...need replacement help
Originally posted by adamzty
Paperclip might work if I know what you are talking about.

Hmmm...not sure. These are the clips under the hood that hold the shift cables to the bracket that bolts on the top of the tranny. Without them the inner and outer cable both move instead of just the inner cable. Result is you can't shift (nothing pushing the levers on the tranny).
7906, RE: Clutch cable retainer clips...need replacement help
Posted by adamzty, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Ok, I was thinking of the wrong thing. I don't know what you could do..
7907, RE: Clutch cable retainer clips...need replacement help
Posted by RoninEclipse2G, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Unfortunately those damn clips can only be found at the dealer or used from a yard.
7908, RE: Clutch cable retainer clips...need replacement help
Originally posted by RoninEclipse2G
Unfortunately those damn clips can only be found at the dealer or used from a yard.

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. Will have to wait until Monday. Thanks for the reply.
7910, RE: Clutch cable retainer clips...need replacement help
Posted by 420agreenvilleSC, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have like 4 of them. Unfortunately i'm at the beach right now on a laptop, checking new threads and I can't send you one. only your local Dealer can help you. Im sorry my friend.
8020, RE: Clutch cable retainer clips...need replacement help
Posted by AJM, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I used some body clips from auto zone, they are the closest thing i could find, then I wrapped ducktape around them and hammered them down. Works perfectly. Better than stock in my opp.

I can post pic. if u need.

AJM
I generated this page in 0.0094318389892578 seconds, executing 7 queries.