Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectTrans problem?.... hellp pleez.
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=7410
7410, Trans problem?.... hellp pleez.
Posted by RCMakita4, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
this was stupid on my part. But to make a long story short i let my friend borrow my 98 gs to go down the road and get cigarettes quick. Well when he came back i was missing 4th gear. Then later going home i lost 2nd and reverse. The funny thing is reverse doesnt work at all, but if my car isnt heated up yet i will be able to use 2nd and 4th for a lil while. But as soon as the engine gets hot they go away. Any idea what this is? And how much its going to cost to get it fixed? Or if theres any 2gers around the Johnstown, PA 15905 area that could help me work on it that would be great too.
thanks
7411, RE: Trans problem?.... hellp pleez.
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
What exactly do you mean you lose the gear? Does it firmly click into gear but you have nothing or it wont allow you to go into gear?

Its odd that all the gears your having an issue with are on the same axis. doubt its it but check the cables under the hood and makes sure they are still clamped to the bracket. Do not confuse this with the shift lever on the trans, the bracket is to the rear of the shift lever.

The fact that it works when its cold but not when its warm leads me to believe the problem lies elsewhere. Check the cables anyway.

Terry
7412, RE: Trans problem?.... hellp pleez.
Posted by RCMakita4, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
well first of all its like theres alot of play in the gear. like it doesnt exactly click in. if im using 2nd, i can pull in the whole way back to second and it will kinda stay there and work. Then after i drive around a while, when i switch into it the shifter wont stay in the gear it will just pop out. And if you try and hold it in the gear it will just rev.
7413, RE: Trans problem?.... hellp pleez.
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Check your shift cables. Sounds like you lost a clip.
7414, RE: Trans problem?.... hellp pleez.
Posted by halfasss101, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I remember mine doing that too when i was putting a new stereo in. I'm not sure if the clips you guys are talking about are right there below the radio, but a clip came loose off of mine and I couldn't use my bottom gears. I didn't try to drive it, just tried to put it in fourth to get it away from the radio and it wouldn't go into gear. Put the clip back, and worked perfect. Working when cold but not hot stumps me. No clue.:shrug
I generated this page in 0.0084130764007568 seconds, executing 7 queries.