Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectDuralast Speed Sensor A
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=7363
7363, Duralast Speed Sensor A
Posted by 96TurboGS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I’ve been through 3 of them in the past year and I don’t even beat my car to death. Does anyone know why I keep killing these sensors? And can anyone tell me why they are 50 smacks at autozoo and everywhere else like Napa and advance there 100? Is there a quality diff between Duralast and the other sensors out there on the market?

Built to last my ass, lol
7364, RE: Duralast Speed Sensor A
Posted by 740 turbo brick, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
How are they failing? Falling apart? Losing continuity in the circut?
7365, RE: Duralast Speed Sensor A
Circuit is failing internally....
7366, RE: Duralast Speed Sensor A
Posted by 740 turbo brick, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hmm...I would say either there is something faulty in the wiring that is just frying the sensors...or Duralast just doesnt make them to a high enough quality. I rock duralast brake rotors, pads, few other parts, they seem to hold up but never used sensors. I would see if you can get an OEM sensor from another transmission and see how that one holds up.
7367, RE: Duralast Speed Sensor A
IDK man, I know Duralast stuff is pretty good. I think I might take both sensors (OEM and Duralast) apart nd look at there circuits internally. If I can’t see the diff then I will ask my electronics professor witch sensor he thinks looks rock solid. I think both sensors would have the same circuit, same impedance, ect. I guess the point of this post was too see if anyone else had this problem. Come to think of it I did hit boost nd then my Speedo died, lol. I doubt that has anything to do with it tho.
7368, RE: Duralast Speed Sensor A
Posted by 420agreenvilleSC, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i'd try one from the dealer
7370, RE: Duralast Speed Sensor A
UPDATE……so I pulled the sensor out to find that it was perfect and worked when I spun it around. As I took the sensor out and put it back in I felt it lock into place. Did a CEL scan and sensor A did not come up this time only the code for my safc (air/fuel modified). Car runs great but there is no Speedo. The gear on the sensor doesn’t seem to be damaged in any way. Do I have to pull the transmission and replace the gears that turn it????

Weller is the manufacture of the duralast speedo sensor, its just placed in a autozoo box
I generated this page in 0.034687995910645 seconds, executing 7 queries.