Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectanother transmission -wont go into gear problem.
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=7294
7294, another transmission -wont go into gear problem.
Posted by TEAM OVER REV, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I was going down the highway when all of the sudden the transmission would go into gear. I was just about to shift in to fourth and the shifter locked up.
I turned the car off, while the car is off it shifts fine through all gears, once turned on it locks up(cant shift). When the car is off and put in gear, then started it bogs and I can try to push it to gear but cant, if I try pushing I could feel the car kinda lean forward, same in reverse.
All the master,slave, and cables checked out good. The pressure feels fine, almost like the clutch is engaged all the time.
It is a Spec 3+. Thanks all the help will be appreciated*

7299, RE: another transmission -wont go into gear problem.
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
It's probably clutch failure. Could also be a seized gear inside the trans.
7300, RE: another transmission -wont go into gear problem.
I removed the tranny. The clutch looks fine but on the pressure plate, there are 2 flat edged things on the pressure plate top and bottom that seem to be broken. Thanks
7301, RE: another transmission -wont go into gear problem.
Oh yea I forgot... The transmission shifts fine, the longer rod* (1-3rd?) moves, the shorter one (5-r) moves slightly while the other longer one is in neutral. Sorry for my lack of knowledge
7334, RE: another transmission -wont go into gear problem.

Heres the picture of the clutch. I couldnt find how to resize it. I believe it is the torsion(tension) bars that broke and bent*
thanks*
7335, RE: another transmission -wont go into gear problem.
Posted by justins71, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Dude, that pic is f'in huge... use paint or any program to shrink it... And yeah, pressure plate is busted.
7340, RE: another transmission -wont go into gear problem.
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by justins71
pressure plate is busted.

yeap.
7342, RE: another transmission -wont go into gear problem.
yea pressure plate busted is what I wanted to hear too. I dont want to replace the transmission. So im in the middle of deciding on a spec stg4 with aluminum flywheel or a cluthmasters stg4(fx400). I have read how people like and daily their clutchmaster(Darkone), and the same whe the spec. Im going to order one tonight and probably going towards the aluminum flywheel.
THANKS
I generated this page in 0.012869834899902 seconds, executing 7 queries.