Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectOk, tranny question
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=7173
7173, Ok, tranny question
Posted by Superman, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
When I moved 3 years ago I let my sister borrow my eclipse. It had all the gears but going into 1st to 2nd it would grind a little. Now after 3 years the car is grinding and wont go into 2nd, or 4th. 1st is a little difficult as well (i believe that she said that you have to turn the car off to get it to go into 1st gear.) With that all being said, I want to get the car back and rebuild the tranny or get a new one. Down here a used tranny is about 450 bucks from a junkyard. I know someway you can move the shifter cable's around but I don't have a clue on how to do it. Does anyone have any pics?

TIA
7174, RE: Ok, tranny question
Posted by Styles., Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
sounds like the synchros are shot. moving the cables won't do a damm thing for you. Have it towed and replace the tranny
7175, RE: Ok, tranny question
Posted by RoninEclipse2G, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Styles.
sounds like the synchros are shot. moving the cables won't do a damm thing for you.

I'm gonna agree on this one. unless the bushings are shot at either end of the cable, or the cable itself is bent, then you just need to replace those (do a search for skateboard bushings) There really isn't any adjustment that can be done to the cables.
7178, RE: Ok, tranny question
Posted by Superman, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Thats what I figured, but wanted to get another opinion. I can still drive it, which I am going to this weekend, but I need a second car since my truck has a rod knocking. I am going to do a trade off with her cause I really want my car back.
I generated this page in 0.018937110900879 seconds, executing 7 queries.