Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectsouthbend ofe or fe?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=7145
7145, southbend ofe or fe?
Posted by halfasss101, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Is anybody putting down some big hp/tq numbers with these clutches? How do they hold up? I'm debating on the two. I already have the ofe, but not installed, i'm thinking I might exchange it for the FE because i might be pushing the ofe's limit. I plan to be boosting mid 20's but i'll throw everything the clutch can handle after the head is built. Any comments?
Thanks guys
7146, RE: southbend ofe or fe?
Posted by xcasbonx, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
The OFE will handle what you're shooting to throw at it. Heard this first hand from Andy himself.
7147, RE: southbend ofe or fe?
Posted by wickedtalon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have the OFE and I'm running 20psi right now. I'll let you know how it feels w/ more psi soon. I was told it will hold but I already had an issue and had to send the clutch back to get rebuilt.
7148, RE: southbend ofe or fe?
Posted by halfasss101, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
That's odd because i talked to him on the phone yesterday morning and he said it was 80% over stock and said it'll handle about 200hp. I was like, WTF, when i first asked about it, somebody told me rated to mid 400 torque. But i already arranged to ship the ofe back, just have to ship the ofe today. After a couple of these posts you guys have here, i guess i dont have to..... BUT, andy said he would upgrade me to the FE for no charge. Just pay the shipping to them and they'll pay shipping back. So i said what the hell, I have a little more playing room and a stronger clutch for no charge. Works for me! :)
7394, RE: southbend ofe or fe?
Posted by 96TurboGS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I thought I being this back up because im getting the fe here in a couple weeks. Since this question has been unanswered... how did you like the clutch? How does it grip? Does anyone know the max tourque on these? If this is your daily driver how does it shift? I also thought about getting the fidanza light flywheel, but is it worth it?
7395, RE: southbend ofe or fe?
Posted by 420agreenvilleSC, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
saving money for the FE. if i were u half, i'd exchange for FE, not much more $
7396, RE: southbend ofe or fe?
Posted by dougie2, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have a South Bend OFE in my daily driver... 25+ PSI with a GT3076R. They said it would take 450 ft. lbs of torque daily and at the track. I was skeptical but it feels like stock (really) and holds every bit of the power. Hasn't slipped one time. I also installed an OFE on an EVO and STI within the last couple weeks and my customers are very happy to say the least.
7397, RE: southbend ofe or fe?
Posted by 420agreenvilleSC, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by dougie2
I have a South Bend OFE in my daily driver... 25+ PSI with a GT3076R. They said it would take 450 ft. lbs of torque daily and at the track. I was skeptical but it feels like stock (really) and holds every bit of the power. Hasn't slipped one time. I also installed an OFE on an EVO and STI within the last couple weeks and my customers are very happy to say the least.

how long have you had it installed? how many pulls have you done? I'm concerned about how LONG it lasts. just curious
7398, RE: southbend ofe or fe?
Posted by 96TurboGS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by dougie2

Wow, That's good to know i wonder what the fe has that the ofe doesnt. Time to investigate.
I generated this page in 0.0088281631469727 seconds, executing 7 queries.