Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectGrinding in first, its wierd. Please help?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=6946
6946, Grinding in first, its wierd. Please help?
Posted by ajcfalcon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well my car was sitting for a while in sub zero temperatures here in Colorado. I went to drive it and i couldnt get it in gear, no clutch pressure, etc... I bled the clutch a few times now, my pressure is back and all shifting is back to normal... except it grinds on its way into first. Now, if i hold the clutch down for a couple seconds before shifting it goes in perfectly. But, if i push in the clutch and shift normally it grinds on its way in. All other gears worth flawlessly. I thought maybe there might still be some air in the lines, but ive bled it several times in the last two days and i cant get it to go away.

When i searched i read something about tranny fluid, i did just have my clutch replaced at a mom and pops shop back in September??? I also read it could be the synchro's... but since it works if you hold in the clutch for a couple seconds i thought that maybe it could be my hydrolics.

Could someone please offer some insight? ill be the first to admit i dont know jack about transmissions.
6964, RE: Grinding in first, its wierd. Please help?
Could someone please offer some insight on what the problem might be?
6985, RE: Grinding in first, its wierd. Please help?
I was starting to think transmission fluid, but this has to be my clutch hydrolics right?

Anyone?
I generated this page in 0.010334968566895 seconds, executing 7 queries.